Wanting to get into FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
...I went out to dish with my sat buddy and tuned the motor to sat 97w and then did blind scan and I got like 500 chains but a lot are double...

Sounds like your dish is aimed properly and your LNBF and cabling is functional so unless your setup parameters are incorrect, you should also be locking the 97W content with the Coolsat on a blind scan. What happens when you try a manual scan on a known hot transponder?

If you are not seeing any Quality readings with the Coolsat I would check your setup parameters again. Unless those are incorrect, or the receiver has other issues, you should be able to get it to work.

It won't so signal in till I do the blind scan. It dies pull in chans. But when I use usals to move the dish I have not clue if it's on the sat with good signal in till after the blind scan. Planning on buying another rcvr here in a few days.

I don't blame you for getting a more modern receiver. But keep the CS7000. It's worth more as a backup and for orientation purposes than the $ you will get for it. A local can't sell his for $10!

Have you set the latitude/long into your receiver's USALS setup menu? If so, your dish should be moving pretty close. Zero the motor on your true south satellite (closest to your longitude) and from there USALS should be very close on tracking the sats.

Ok I have got me a GeosatPro MicroHD rcvr. Which Sats are the best for me to scan in on this. Thanks

Are you using a motorized set up? If so: USALS? Got your coordinates entered?

Have you found any satellites at all yet, or are you just wondering which ones people like to watch?

Yes it's got a motor and usals set. I was curious to what ppl watch the most. Most popular Sats. Thanks

If your motor is truly on the arc, then do a Multiple Satellite Scan and automatically scan all satellites that you receive. I watch something from each of 15W, 83W, 89W, 91W, 95W, 97W, 99W, 101W, 103W, 121W, 123W, 125W (trying to get).

I agree w/ Ham and NG. Compute your long/lat in your receive location. Aim your dish to your true south and let the receiver do the rest of the work. Afterwards, judding by what your receiving you might need to fine tune the allignment.

Cheers, K

Most of the time I'm either on 97 or 125 for TV and 85 or 91 for feeds. My favorite ones for channel surfing: 30, 72, 83, 87, 95, 97, 101, 103 (if the signal is good), 113, 116.8 (if I can get XEWT again), 123, 125. For feeds I like 72, 83, 85, 89, 91 (my top pick), 95, 99, 103, 105, 114.9, and 123. But stuff can come and go on any satellite at any time :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)