War on Terror P.O.W's

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpickell

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 16, 2005
Just a thought. Since it seems to be legal to pick someone up and throw them in a prison camp because someone says they are linked with terror. And never give them a trial. In a sense giving them a life sentence since the war on terror will never be over.

How about this, same scenario different cause:

Pick up someone off of a street corner at 2:30 in the morning and throw them in a prison camp and call them a P.O.W for the war on drugs. They are both bogus wars so why not? That's one way to clean up the streets of America. No trials, no evidence. Just suspicion of dealing and away they go for life, because we all know that the war on drugs will never be over.

While there being held captive treat them like the us army does, toture them, keep them with their hands tied above their heads so the cant sleep, knee them, kicks to groin, what the he.. just murder them, since they have no legal rights being detainees.

this is all true and was on 60 minutes last nite

bpickell said:
Just a thought. Since it seems to be legal to pick someone up and throw them in a prison camp because someone says they are linked with terror. And never give them a trial. In a sense giving them a life sentence since the war on terror will never be over.

How about this, same scenario different cause:

Pick up someone off of a street corner at 2:30 in the morning and throw them in a prison camp and call them a P.O.W for the war on drugs. They are both bogus wars so why not? That's one way to clean up the streets of America. No trials, no evidence. Just suspicion of dealing and away they go for life, because we all know that the war on drugs will never be over.

and WW II was bogus too. That Hitler guy really didn't mean any harm, if we listened to guys like you then we would all be speaking German now. And if we listen to guys like you now our children will be bowing to Mecca.

Ok lets let everyone out of gitmo (even though many of them say they will refuse to leave. And pull out every troop in the Middle East. In fact all of Europe and Aisa.

What do you think will happen? World peace overnight? No more terror in the world since it is all "risistance" to American war crimes.

What do you honestly think will happen!

Hey Rob. When were you in gitmo? When did 60 minutes film this actually happening? Oh its hearsay! maybe as factually based as the great CBS memo. But if 60 minutes says it, then it must be true.

WWII wasn't a bogus war, because we were at war with countries not activists. The war on terror is just a way for Dubya to get revenge against an activist group that hijacked 4 planes and flew them into strategic targets. That would make them terrorists, not goverments. How do you declare war against a group of people. They are murderers, not governments. As far as I know you can't declare war against a serial killer.

bpickell said:
WWII wasn't a bogus war, because we were at war with countries not activists. The war on terror is just a way for Dubya to get revenge against an activist group that hijacked 4 planes and flew them into strategic targets. That would make them terrorists, not goverments. How do you declare war against a group of people. They are murderers, not governments. As far as I know you can't declare war against a serial killer.

I responded directly to your coment yet you dodge my question to you. Whay is that?

I wasn't saying let everyone out, but I do think what we did was wrong.

Let me rephrase my answer... Don't let anyone out yet, but let them have their day in court. If they are found not guilty.. they walk. If they are found guilty, let them rot.

And I honestly think the only way to stop terrorism is to stop publisizing it. If a terrorst event happens, let it happen. Don't broadcast it, don't talk about it. If they don't get the recognition they want. They will have no reason to continue. Just my thoughts.

Actually I brought up the scenario as something to think about. It wasn't really meant to be serious.

If we can throw someone in prison without a trial because someone says they are affiliated with terrorism. And call them a pow for the war on terror.

Why not do the same for the war on drugs. That is what I was saying.

Last edited:
Well comparing the war on terror to the war on drugs is not a possible thing to do. The war on terror is a war on an act -killing people, while the war on drugs is a war on an object -drugs. And when they catch drugs they tend to not let the drugs free.

I agree 100% that war on drugs is a total joke and will never be won.
The war on terror MUST be won, but the media will never stop showing what they do because it gets them ratings. And if we try to stop the media from showing the results then they will cry censorship and freedom of speech. It is only the muslims that are not held by these rules.

Why do people like you never say anything about the men in Iraq who hide behind women and children while shooting at US troops. But complain when the Us blows up the house and the terrorists say that only women and children were killed and it was done on purpose. If you believe we are targeting women and children then I will buy you a one way plane ticket to France or Germany.

The people in gitmo are impossible to be tried because no one can come forward and say "yes he shot at the Americans in civilian clothing" without being targeted for murder from the terrorists. So do we let them all out on the streets of Iraq to take pot shots and use IEDs against our troops?

Personally I feel much more comfortable with them in jail. They were captured wearing civilian clothes- meaning they are not part of any countries Army, and as such the Geneva Convention does not apply to them and they can never use it to defend themselves.

War is a truly nasty deal and playing it with kid gloves on like we are doing will never end well for us. We need to let the military take the gloves off and conduct this like a true war and then we will win. If they shot from a building then we blow the building up. That is the way to win this war.

I agree with you on a lot of points except one. The war on terror will never be won. We could kill every terrorist on the planet today. Tomorrow there will be more. The war is never ending. Someone will always hate democracy and thusly there will always be extremists trying to put an end to it. That is why I called it a joke. It can't be won and most likely won't be won.

It will stop when the majority of free people on earth are not at immediate threat to lose their lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts