Waring:901 looks like old DOS based message

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
I woke up this morning and saw this menu on my second hopper 2000 and just thought it looked weird so I snapped this picture. I'm guessing this means that my offer is about at the end of its life and that I should probably get another external hard drive then transfer what I can from the drive. I have never seen this many in before so I just thought I'd post a picture. Anyways it ran the scan, my software version is at S449 updated 11/14/14 and all of my DVR recordings are intact for now.

Attachments

• 14176063497662.jpg
    14176063497662.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 339
Agree with hall. It's the boot recovery message. Let it do its deal over a four hour period. Do not reset it.

061... Open system info and check for Joey software. What is listed? Reboot the Joeys once you confirm Joey software is present. If the Joey doesn't fix it, reboot the Hopper. If one Hopper has Joey software and the other doesn't, remove the one that doesn't from power and reboot Joeys so they pull software or finish the download load or flash process connecting to the Hopper with software

I woke up this morning and saw this menu on my second hopper 2000 and just thought it looked weird so I snapped this picture. I'm guessing this means that my offer is about at the end of its life and that I should probably get another external hard drive then transfer what I can from the drive. I have never seen this many in before so I just thought I'd post a picture. Anyways it ran the scan, my software version is at S449 updated 11/14/14 and all of my DVR recordings are intact for now.

Yep, I got this on a 722K a few times. I immediately transferred all recordings just before I did a full reformat (a long series of button presses that is not a common consumer fix; it's a hidden fix) on the internal HDD that fixed the problem fine. I do not know if such a procedure exists for Hoppers and I obviously don't know the sequence of buttons to press for the Hoppers, but it was sure a great save to my 722K instead of having Dish ship me a replacement and I shipping back the unit. But, yes, the HDD is having problems and may soon fail.

That doesn't mean the drive is failing. It means something happened during the update. Usually this happens if the software update was interrupted, usually power loss or reboot.

I would recommend using an ehd, but I highly doubt your internal drive is failing or will anytime soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts