Warner: No Payoff for Move to Blu-ray

seminole2001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Earth
Warner Home Entertainment President Kevin Tsujihara says the studio took no pay-offs to exclusively back Blu-ray.

In a post-announcement conference call, Tsujihara flatly denied rumors that studio had accepted anywhere from 250M to $500M in exchange for dropping its HD DVD format support.

According to the exec, Warner's sole motivation in dropping its HD DVD format support was to ensure growth of the "category" and the long-term health of the industry.

Warner: No Payoff for Move to Blu-ray | High-Def Digest

Kinna makes that 150 Mil for Paramount look even more excessive.
Toshiba should just release Paramount from their contract and try to get some of their cash back.

Toshiba should just release Paramount from their contract and try to get some of their cash back.

I bet they are in negotiation right now. Paramount probably wants most the cash and to be able to release in both formats right now. Toshiba probably wants to immediately stop the payments.

I bet they are in negotiation right now. Paramount probably wants most the cash and to be able to release in both formats right now. Toshiba probably wants to immediately stop the payments.

I doubt paramont will try to screw MS like this. Just let it go for the next year till the contract runs out. They probably would not care for MS's legal team. :D

Don't fret you will get your movies soon enough. 1.2 years and counting.

Maybe they didn't get direct payoffs... However, royalties, subsidized replication and discounted authoring costs aren't free...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts