Warner Shelves Total HD Hybrid

This might be the first "official" announcement, but we all knew they scrapped it. I think I even posted somewhere a few months ago about it being scrapped, although "unofficially."

S~

This is a good idea since Warner will be HD DVD exclusive in January.

I personally doubt that they'll move in either direction that quickly, but Harry Potter might be a good indicator - all of the movies (especially the new one) and the new set they're coming out with should be pretty big sellers, and it might help them decide which way to go.

I had to buy Harry Potter separately since I already have GOF. Bought 1,2,3,5.

S~

Myself, my wife and all of the kids love HP, so we've got all of the first 4 already - still holding out hope, though, that my wife will get the Blu-Ray set for Christmas.... $83 at warnervideo.com is pretty good....

GOF is HD DVD. I got it last December. I have 1-4 in SD, too. Family favorite. My olsest daughter was all about Harry Potter. She still is but doesn't want to admit it.

S~

Imports baby. PQ/AQ is outstanding. Gotta love region free. BD says it's important, but a lot aren't region coded either. Only ones that are doing it are Sony and Fox.

S~

xploitedcinema is great. What they have listed is in stock. You can always go through amazonUK or whatever, but they have been really slow lately.

S~

Thanks for the info... might come in handy later for other releases that aren't available here, but I'll wait and get mine for $17 (warnervideo.com) here rather than paying almost $40 to get it now....

I've had HP GoF in HD-DVD for nearly a year.

Sometimes UK releases are available on HD-DVD or BD in Europe at the same time they have theatrical releases here. "Mr. Bean's Holiday" and "Becoming Jane" were both available in HD-DVD at the same time. I pay less for the DVD import for my 1080p home theater system than a trip to the movies for 4. And I don't have to put up with cell phones and rude theater patrons.

HP movies for $17? The Warner site had the HD listed at $26.95.

Imports baby. PQ/AQ is outstanding. Gotta love region free. BD says it's important, but a lot aren't region coded either. Only ones that are doing it are Sony and Fox.

S~

Nah.. New Line must be doing it, too. They are delaying HD-DVD releases but day and dating the Blu ones due to HD-DVD's lack of region coding. They will probably drop HD-DVD in six months due to relatively poor sales of charging new release prices for essentially catalog titles. :rolleyes:

Warner will stay neutral for awhile. All these people thinking Warner will go exclusive either way in January will be disappointed.

TotalHD would be nice. However, I don't see any studio other than Warner (maybe New Line), Anabolic, Vivid and RBFilms using it. The red and blue studios are all firmly entrenched. The purple ones (except New Line) are the only ones with any sense.

I just wish Warner would abandon their combo pricing. $35 for We Are Marshall? WTF are they kidding?

I've had HP GoF in HD-DVD for nearly a year.

Sometimes UK releases are available on HD-DVD or BD in Europe at the same time they have theatrical releases here. "Mr. Bean's Holiday" and "Becoming Jane" were both available in HD-DVD at the same time. I pay less for the DVD import for my 1080p home theater system than a trip to the movies for 4. And I don't have to put up with cell phones and rude theater patrons.

HP movies for $17? The Warner site had the HD listed at $26.95.

Sorry, I'm getting myself confused... There is a coupon code you can use (NVBM) until the end of November for a 25% discount, which would make the $26.95 (you're right) for OOTP around $20. The other four movies are $22.95 list which comes to around $17 after the discount - that's what I was thinking of...

Or you can get the box set for $83 after the coupon.

I have seen ads for GOF in HD DVD and a quick dearch shows that the DB release date is in December.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts