Warning about Freeway Support Services

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Uplink

Satellite Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 3, 2004
A WARNING TO ALL:
DO NOT GO WITH FREEWAY SUPPORT SERVICES!

THEY CHARGE MORE THAN DOUBLE THEIR COMPETITION AND ARE KNOWN FOR TEMPORARY DISCONNECTS, HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERIVICE, ADDED FEES, REFUSING TO RELEASE EQUIPMENT SO YOU CAN'T KEEP THE SAME EQUIPMENT IF YOU DECIDE TO LEAVE FREEWAY OR IF YOU WANT TO SELL YOUR EQUIPMENT AND SWITCH PROVIDERS.

AND FORGET TRYING TO REACH THEM VIA TELEPHONE IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM...

MOST BROKERS WILL HOOK UP YOUR CREDIT CARD FOR AUTOPAY WITH BEV/*S NOT FREEWAY. YOU PAY THEM AND THEN THEY PAY THE BILL, TONS OF LATE PAYMENTS. BEV IS TARGETING FREEWAY ACCOUNTS AND SHUTTING THEM OFF.

OTHER BROKERS DONT HAVE PROBLEMS WITH EXPRESSVU SHUTTING THEIR CUSTOMERS OFF.

A Letter sent by Freeway Support Services to their Bell ExpressVu
Customers

FREEWAY SUPPORT SERVICES 1-888-223-4702
1774 St. James Street Email
freewaysupport@[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manitoba R3H OL3 Website
www.freewaysupport.com

SICK OF SERVICE INTERRUPTIONS?
Switch to STAR CHOICE!!!

Many of our customers have become increasingly frustrated by ExpressVu's
phone check policy,
which has resulted in the temporary loss of service. We have lodged
complaints with the provider,
but due to Bell's strict policies unfortunately there is no way around the
phone checks.
If anything we anticipate the problem to worsen.

In order to eliminate this ongoing inconvenience to our valued customers,
we
have negotiated a
seamless switch-out of accounts from Express Vu service to Star Choice
service. If you are
interested and would like more information please read on for further
instructions.

NOTIFY US OF YOUR INTENTION TO SWITCH SERVICES.
THERE WILL BE TWO OPTIONS YOU CAN CHOOSE FROM ON THE SWITCH OVER.

OPTION 1
** Send your existing Express Vu receiver to Freeway Support PREPAID.
** Upon receiving your receiver we will immediately send you a Star Choice
Model 305,
FREIGHT COLLECT (approximate equivalent to Bell Model 2700 or
3100).
** Your new receiver will be pre-authorized with programming of your
choice.
(similar to your Express Vu package)
** Once you have installed your system the programming could take up to 24
hours to
download completely.
** There will be a one-time transaction fee of $50.00 in Canadian Funds.

OPTION 2
** We will send you a new Star Choice Model 305, FREIGHT COLLECT.
** Keep your Bell receiver until you have received and installed your Star
Choice system.
** Return the Bell system PRE-PAID to our office.
** Before shipping yo the Star Choice system we will charge your credit
card
$200.00 Canadian.
Upon receiving your Bell system we will refund your credit card
$150.00 Canadian.
** Please call us when you have shipped the Bell receiver with the
tracking
number.
** If we do not receive the old system within a 7-day span from the
shipping
date,
no credit will be issued.

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS WILL COME WITH YOUR NEW RECEIVER, FOR THOSE WHO
WISH TO DO
A SELF-INSTALL. IF SELF-INSTALL IS NOT FOR YOU, CALL YOUR LOCAL SATELLITE
DISH INSTALLATION
COMPANY, PREFERABLY ONE WITH A HISTORY IN THE C-BAND BUSINESS, AS THE
TECHNOLOGY IS
CLOSELY RELATED. GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS (link on our website or call
1-608-546-2523) WILL PROVIDE
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND INSTALLATION REFERRALS FOR A SMALL FEE.
CERTAIN GEOGRAPHICAL AREAS MAY REQUIRE DISH UPGRADES.

WE APOLOGIZE FOR THE INCONVENIENCE THIS SWITCHOVER MAY CAUSE YOU, BUT WE
SEE
IT AS THE
ONLY WAY TO ENSURE TROUBLE FREE FUTURE SERVICE. YOU ARE IN NO WAY
OBLIGATED
TO SWITCH
OVER YOUR SERVICE. WE WILL KEEP YOUR EXPRESS VU SERVICE GOING FOR AS LONG
AS WE ARE ABLE,
PERHAPS INDEFINITELY, BUT WE ARE NOT ABLE TO PREVENT THESE SERVICE
INTERRUPTIONS.
OUR STAFF IS AS FRUSTRATED AS OUR CUSTOMERS, BUT WE CONTINUE TO DO OUR
BEST.

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO UPGRADE YOUR SYSTEM PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR
FURTHER INFORMATION
AND PRICING.

PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE NOW ABLE TO OFFER PHONE-IN PAY-PER-VIEW SERVICES WITH
STAR CHOICE.
AS YOU MAY HAVE READ THEY NEVER MENTIONED A DISH SWAP TOO THAT THE CUSTOMERS WOULD NEED.

I've already said in another thread how bad Freeway Support is. I used to go through them. Interesting how they're deciding to handle bell. I'm rather surprised that Bell isn't popping the other brokers too.

Bell may be sick of late payments.

If the other brokers use auto cc pay they are instant as long as the person hasn't maxed out and it isn't an inconvience for them.

But Freeway is a complete annoyance and most likely not worth it.

I used Freeway once. (didn't know about others at the time) Fortunatly they released my receivers so I was able to switch to TVM. I am much happier with TVM. Even the card swap went without any problems.

Funny how they have Mike Kohl's number in the document and he doesnt go through them anymore! :)

Like I say.....Run away from Freeway
Run like the wind
Run like Mexican water through a first time tourist
But RUN!!!

(also made this a sticky)

Also read this , they seem to hide their extra monthly charges for - nothing.

Service Policies
All fees quoted in Canadian currency

Reminder: Do not at any time contact the provider directly. This will black list your receiver and it will never be able to be activated again!

Annual Activation Fees

$110.00 per year (non-refundable once you have activated system) these fees are processed once a year on the 1st day of your subscription anniversary month. This is a fee we charge to handle your account and is to be paid-out before activating your system. If you wish to discontinue your service before the fee is due, a 30-day notice must be given.

Activating Systems
All systems must be activated for 12 consecutive months to avoid a $150.00 fee that is charged by the provider and passed on to our customers if this is not met.

Upon activating your system you will be charged for the annual activation fee and 2 months of programming. All fees must be paid in full before your services may begin.

Programming Fees
There is a small fee over and above the prices that the provider charges that is due to operational expenses.

Please keep in mind that the provider does increase their prices from time to time. We do not process any mailings to our customers advising them of the increase. We simply pass this increase on to your next billing.

NOTE: Expect this increase to happen at least once a year.

Changing Programming
Program changes can be made once a month free of charge. For all other additional changes there is an $8.00 fee per change.

Invoicing
Invoices are processed between the 15th and 30th of every month. (Except the annual activation fee, which is processed on the 1st of your subscription anniversary month).

If you require copies of your invoices, monthly fees are as follows:

Mail - $4.00/month
Fax or e-mail - $2.00/month

Payments
Payments can be made by Visa, Mastercard or American Express. If you choose to pay by cheque, you must pay for 6 months at a time.

Your invoices are billed directly from Freeway Support Services, not from the provider. If there are any discrepancies, please contact us directly.

Overdue Accounts

Late fees are charged as follows:
1 – 30 days $10.00
31 – 60 days $25.00
61 days & over $55.00
NSF Cheques $45.00

Any accounts that are overdue after 60 days will be disconnected with a $60.00 reconnection fee. If this should happen, the past due balance must be paid before reconnection will occur.

Technical Support
Technical support is offered free of charge during the initial set-up.

Any other technical support is charged out at $10.00 per call or more depending on the time spent with our representatives.

Disconnecting of service
Bell ExpressVu requires a 30-day notice for all disconnections.

Please note that if you disconnect after your annual activation fee, you will not receive a refund. You must call us 3 weeks prior to your annual activation fee date.

PLEASE REMEMBER:

The provider requires that you must be activated for 12 consecutive months or they will charge a $150.00 fee, which is passed on to you if it is less than 12 months.

TO SIGN THE ATTACHED FORM AND RETURN BY MAIL TO OUR OFFICE WITHIN 60 DAYS OF ACTIVATING.

That document with my name in it is over a year old.

A check of Freeway's website today should find zero mention of Global Communications. I removed all links on our website mentioning them a few months ago, and they have done the same. Without getting into any details, we were not happy after hearing numerous reports from our customers about their poor service, and made the decision to cease promoting them as a broker.

Okay, guys, let me ask this directly - if you live in the U.S. and want Bell ExpressVu, what is the best and least expensive way to do it? Let me make it clear that I'm not talking about signal theft here, but let's assume that I am willing to pay the same rate as any Canadian would pay to have the service. What doesn't really thrill me is giving some third party an extra amount just to have a Canadian address, if that is all they do. Perhaps I don't understand, do they provide some additional service that is worth the extra money? If not then why could I not just use any Canadian remailing service to have them forward my bills?

Is there another thread or a FAQ on this board that discusses getting service from Canada in more detail? Or is there a writeup on this anywhere that explains it all for someone who doesn't know much about it?

Thanks in advance for any info, or pointers to info.

a broker is cheaper than remailer. $50.00 per year.

If you're fairly close to the border, could get a jumbo sized P.O. box, and check it every few months. :D

A phone number is simple, a few VOIP companies offer Canadian numbers.

A a broker is much more reliable and for how much the cost will be for voip, p.o. box, etc. it isn't worth it. For the po box cost alone...

A reliable broker such as TVM in Ontario does more than simply cash your check for a yearly fee. This cost also includes their services as a go-between for customer service, between you and the programmer.
While there are nominal charges for added services ($10 US each time
that you change programming packages), the yearly fee includes TVM being there to respond to situations such as calling the programmer to get a re-hit of authorization for your receiver.

For more information, send me an Email.

Derwin0 said:
Ironic, considering this is a sticky tread in avoiding a certain broker.
For people who have no family/friends in canada, and don't live right near the border a broker is usually the easiest and most inexpensive solution.

That's why in my post I said, "if you're fairly close to the border".
Otherwise, then a broker is the only route.

Brokers for DTV in Canada

I had Directv in Calgary Canada when it was legal. Had a sub through Westco way back then. I let that go for the free service (stupid me) and eventually lost that too. Then had a sub through a private guy, but that went the way of the dodo bird about a year and a half ago. Now I've got Bell. Had it ever since and it literally sucks. I've been searching around hard for the past 2 weeks cause I'm fed up. I really want my DTV. This site seems to have the best answers I've found. I'm looking for a broker, found one out of Winnipeg but this site says don't use them. A lot of suggestions point to TVM out of Ontario. I've googled this but can't seem to find them. Does anyone have a number or email that would put me in contact with them or are they gone now too. I'm looking for a good broker that can offer me DTV. Help from anyone would be appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)