warning : movers and service address bungle.. doh

bisque

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 18, 2004
Word of warning to movers... Got a free roku offer and rather than hang up, move home, call back, I took my chances and asked for shipment to my billing address. had them confirm the address over the phone. Called back, different rep, confirmed it again was shipping to my billing address. And.. it went to my service address.

So, now I get no Roku (through my own fault) as I don't see how to correct it. Oh well, the price you pay to change RSN's.

(I only moved 10 miles, across a big river, which happens to be the changeover point for the RSN's)

I had my Roku shipped without changing my service address back to my billing address. Luckily for me, my service address is my parents' address and I was visiting them 2 weeks after the Roku arrived. ;)

Word of warning to movers... Got a free roku offer and rather than hang up, move home, call back, I took my chances and asked for shipment to my billing address. had them confirm the address over the phone. Called back, different rep, confirmed it again was shipping to my billing address. And.. it went to my service address.

So, now I get no Roku (through my own fault) as I don't see how to correct it. Oh well, the price you pay to change RSN's.

(I only moved 10 miles, across a big river, which happens to be the changeover point for the RSN's)

Call back and tell them you did not receive it and to reship properly to your billing address.

The Roku does not have an option to change the shipping address. It will auto default to the service address on the account.

unfortunately I got two CSRs who didn't know that. Bad luck.

The package was signed for, I tried to locate the person by knocking on doors, white pages are useless these days, and I was unsuccessful. I feel that since this is basically my fault for not being present at the service address it would be unethical to call and try to get another shipped to me. So as far as I'm concerned this is case-closed and I'm not blaming Dish or Roku. I do think it sucks that Fed Ex will let anyone on the street sign for a package.

if I want one bad enough, they aren't very expensive.

I do believe if you "move" at least let the address be someone you know & it be a mutual agreement.

I do believe if you "move" at least let the address be someone you know & it be a mutual agreement.

yep, but I'm kinda on my own here, I don't know anyone who lives in my DMA (to get locals) but is in the other domain for the RSN I want to get. Just unfortunate circumstances. I happen to live in one of those corners where a river 3 miles away changes what sports teams you're allowed to see, but almost no one lives on the other side of the river. When you live this close to a boundary you really feel how silly the rules can be.

I called this last week to get a free Roku on my second account for my Dad and specified that I wanted to get the roku sent to my Billing address listed on the account. I went on a 4 day vacation and when I returned Sunday it was there in my mail box ,just like I asked. I think you have to be clear and insist that you want it sent to your billing address and make sure it is going there.

Huh ? It was (presumably) signed by the resident at the address you specified ! FedEx did NOTHING wrong.

The address doesn't exist. It's like adding imaginary floors to a building (unit 20 in a 10 unit complex, that kind of thing) so he did his best and left it with someone else, who I tried and failed to find. It's their policy to leave it with a neighbor if the address is ambiguous (I asked), and it's my imaginary address, so it sucks for me that they do that, but I can hardly blame them when it was my setup that caused this. I'm not meaning to cry foul, just giving an FYI to anyone else who might be in the same position.

I confirmed twice it was set to go to billing, and it still didn't, there's not much else I can do. So... be careful everyone !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)