Warped Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My Wife had to go through that treatment last year. She got bit in March, and, had to go the medication route TWICE so don't be surprised if it takes more than one time with yours.

She still has some problems with the bite site swelling and itching like crazy but the flu like symptoms have pretty much been gone since early summer.

It's been my experience that tick bites, Lyme disease or not, flare up and itch for several weeks. Not sure why, but that's been my experience. We only have a few cases of Lyme's disease here each year, and I don't get bit all that often, but one is too many. Deer ticks are the usual culprits here. Last year, I shot a deer and it looked like its hair was crawling. The number of ticks on that deer was amazing. When I got ready to clean it, I put on my Armour Hide hunting outfit. Ticks can't bite through it and it has elastic feet and sleeves so they can't crawl under it.

The only place you have to watch is your hair, which I don't have a lot of anyway, and your neck, hands and feet. It cuts the chance of being bitten considerably. I've never had it, but I've read and heard there's a white ring around the biter mark if the tick was a carrier. If I do get bit, I always watch for that and the symptoms. Nasty little critters and they give me the willies when I find one on me. We used to deal with dog ticks when we were kids, but no one ever got sick off them, including the dog. :)

Reactions: JFOK
wvman,

I most likely got this deer tick doing yard work, specifically cutting and stacking firewood.
My dog on the other hand, hasn't had one tick so far in his three years of life. Maybe they should make a tick repellent for humans too...lol.
I'm feeling better than I did last week at this time.:amen

John

My Wife had to go through that treatment last year. She got bit in March, and, had to go the medication route TWICE so don't be surprised if it takes more than one time with yours.
She still has some problems with the bite site swelling and itching like crazy but the flu like symptoms have pretty much been gone since early summer.

Lone Gunman,

I wish your wife all the best in her recovery.

John

wvman,

I most likely got this deer tick doing yard work, specifically cutting and stacking firewood.
My dog on the other hand, hasn't had one tick so far in his three years of life. Maybe they should make a tick repellent for humans too...lol.
I'm feeling better than I did last week at this time.:amen

John

You could put on a tick collar :) The dog might look at you funny. Ticks like to lay on the end of branches and snag your clothes as you brush against them. I am glad you're feeling better. I would be happier if the rain stopped here. Went from 75 degree weather to rain and 40 degrees. I'm not ready for winter, I have a lot to do. You'll most likely get show before we do. We've had some hard frosts, but no snow yet. :bluesbros

You could put on a tick collar :) The dog might look at you funny.

wvman,

My dog looks at me funny anyway.:)
The weather here hasn't been too bad (63 yesterday), but I know this isn't going to last so I'm rushing to finish last minute dish tweaks between yard work chores.

John

wvman,

My dog looks at me funny anyway.:)
The weather here hasn't been too bad (63 yesterday), but I know this isn't going to last so I'm rushing to finish last minute dish tweaks between yard work chores.

John

I finished up some odds and ends around the house today and we had a heatwave. It was a blistering 43 degrees outside today. Beautiful day, sun was out, sky was blue, and so was I after working outside for 4 hours. At my age, I don't do cold very well. :headphones It's 26 degrees here right now. I have to go get the 2nd dish that was given to me a while ago. At least it's on the ground instead of a pole. should be nice and crisp tomorrow.

Hi All,

Did a little focal length tweaking after work yesterday, just as it was getting dark and COLD !!!
As a result I am now able to get the ABC mux (4120/30000) on 99W with a signal quality on my microHD of 76.:)
"Tweaking Time" is running out quickly here on the Cape as winter approaches.

John

Reactions: . Raine
kittyhas1000legs,

Cod Cape only exists in the Twilight Zone and the minds of incompetent highways officials. :coco

John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 5)

Latest posts