Warranty question, on leased 622

luckycat

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 9, 2003
Michigan
I just had a 622 activated (leased), replaced a 942 (leased) - but prior to the 942 I had owned all of my equipment for 8-9 years. I had, and I think still have, the $1.99 "extended warranty".

I was reading another thread re: warranties, and the writer implied that even when leasing equipment, if it fails after warranty you are responsible for paying for fixes. Is this true? I was thinking of cancelling the $1.99 warranty, if I still have it (waiting for "dust to settle" from my new install, but after the 942 upgrade I was still charged the $1.99 for the warranty).

Do I still need the warranty, even on a lease?

don't know about the warranty, but I can tell you from experience it takes quite a while for the "dust" to settle. I had to call them back on 2 seperate bills after my upgrade to get charges removed. Thankfully, I was smart enough to call the techs, and not the csr's.

Pepper said:
if you ever cancel at $1.99 you can never get it at that price again.

Yeah I've never TOLD them to cancel, but my main question is if I'm leasing do I need it...seems from some other threads that some people think you do,some that you do not.

not positive but think that the money you pay is to keep ya from paying a service call fee i could be wrong though:)

luckycat said:
Yeah I've never TOLD them to cancel, but my main question is if I'm leasing do I need it...seems from some other threads that some people think you do,some that you do not.
The $1.99 warranty covers all DISH branded components in your system only the leased RECEIVER would be covered if you cancel.:) :) :)

luckycat said:
I just had a 622 activated (leased), replaced a 942 (leased) - but prior to the 942 I had owned all of my equipment for 8-9 years. I had, and I think still have, the $1.99 "extended warranty".

I was reading another thread re: warranties, and the writer implied that even when leasing equipment, if it fails after warranty you are responsible for paying for fixes. Is this true? I was thinking of cancelling the $1.99 warranty, if I still have it (waiting for "dust to settle" from my new install, but after the 942 upgrade I was still charged the $1.99 for the warranty).

Do I still need the warranty, even on a lease?

How much did you end up paying for the 622 ?

The manufacturer's warranty on the 622 is one year period, whether you buy or lease.

If you buy the extra warranty coverage it is covered as long as you keep paying.

If you do not buy the extra warranty coverage - after one year you pay to repair.

KEEP THAT WARRANTY!!!! its priceless at that price. dishnet told me the leased equipment is covered for as long as you have it. you are only responsible for damage like drooping it. things like the hard drive quits or the receiver fails is covered. the wires dish and switches are not. nether is the service call if they need to come out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)