Washington DC HD locals; no CBS

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sbell

Original poster
Dec 9, 2004
I am getting ready to make the jump to HD since they added Washington DC locals to HD. I checked the dishnetwork website and they have ABC, FoX, and NBC listed as HD but not CBS. I live in WV and do not receive any OTA channels. Any info as to why CBS is not included and how I can get it?

Thanks

At the time, it was because they didn't have a deal with Gannet (the owners) yet. They have since come to an agreement and WUSA-HD is available.

DC locals in HD on 61.5

I have been reading the threads concerning the DC locals in HD and saw that they are on 61.5. However, I have the Dish 1000 installed and get 110, 119 and 129. Quite upset, I called Tech to see what the story was and was told that the DC locals in HD would be moved to 129 as part of the "one-dish" solution that is being required by the Feds. Any truth to this?

No. There is a 1 dish requirement for SD Locals and HD locals to be received on only 1 dish, but the HD and SD don't have to be on the Same dish.

Also Dish already established that Washington DC was not to have Dish 1000s installed, so your installer already screwed up their, you should've had a second dish at 61.5 installed to begin with

Last edited:
Just wanted to add the DC HD LIL needs work. I see jaggies in the HD and the audio is a few miliseconds out of sync. In all fairness, I just received my 622 today and the only HD LIL I've seen so far is News9 (HD) on WUSA. Everything else is working perfectly on the 622.

Maybe you can have my HD LIL. The only reason I subscribe to my locals is for guide data. I can't image any D* or E* HD LIL being as good as OTA.

Does dish carry any of the sub channels? I currently get all the DC and most of the Baltimore HD channels with my antenna. My kids enjoy the third subchannel on WETA that shows kid programming until 6 PM.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts