Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
GOT WASPS IN YOUR BUD??:)

Ok, NO MORE MR. NICE GUY:mad:

I picked one of these at my Local Harbor Freight store for $4.00 + 2 D cells...yes four dollars!

You hold the button; it electrifies the "web" and then swing away!....Fries em in a hurry!!!

With the big guys, it fries their wings and when they fall to the ground...YA just step on em,,,Gonna buy a dozen to give out at Christmas!:D THEY WORK ON ALL BUGS TOO!:D

Gizzer the Wasp Slayer:D

Attachments

• Wasp Killer.jpg
    Wasp Killer.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Thanks Gizzer, looks like you can change your handle to "Wasp Slayer". I'm definitely going to try this, as I have a bigger problem with these guys in my garage. A very interesting find. Thanks.

Al

Harbor Freight is having their annual large discount sale the first weekend in June.
(2 weekends from now). Already handing out circulars in early May. Some great deals on tools and toys.

Mike

The main problem in our yard is deer/horse flies (and black flies, but no way this will work on them, they are to small). There have been times we have been ran into our house by deer/horseflies. This looks like the perfect solution, kill the bugs AND get some exercise :) Time to grab my harbor freight catalog and see if I can find one of those gizmos in there.
Thanks Gizzer

Ps: wonder how this works on pesky neighbors? hmmmmmm :D

Last edited:
As Ice said...

drhydro said:
The main problem in our yard is deer/horse flies, and black flies, but no way this will work on them. There have been times we have been ran into our house by deer/horseflies. This looks like the perfect solution, kill the bugs AND get some exercise :) Time to grab my harbor freight catalog and see if I can find one of those gizmos in there.
Thanks Gizzer

Ps: wonder how this works on pesky neighbors? hmmmmmm :D

As the Iceberg (Hacker Hammer) said....
Hook up a larger power supply!!! Probably would also work on the Home Owner association people in their little golf carts!!!:D

Just think...revenge while you improve your racket ball swing

Definately gets Horse flys easily! Already had a few...the wasps are tuff buggers and do not die easily!

Was in town today with a friend and we stopped by Harbor Freight just before they closed (5:00) and picked up 3 of them. They were only $2.99 in this store. Funny thing, I get home and put some batteries in one, and now I can't seem to find any bugs. I must admit the dog looks mighty tempting, but no I won't do that. Maybe my neighbors cat though. No, better not do that either. Guess I'll wait till dark, when the mesquito's appear. But, surely a wasp will venture by before then.

Al

hehheh...

voomvoom said:
Was in town today with a friend and we stopped by Harbor Freight just before they closed (5:00) and picked up 3 of them. They were only $2.99 in this store. Funny thing, I get home and put some batteries in one, and now I can't seem to find any bugs. I must admit the dog looks mighty tempting, but no I won't do that. Maybe my neighbors cat though. No, better not do that either. Guess I'll wait till dark, when the mesquito's appear. But, surely a wasp will venture by before then.

Al

Same thing here...bugs must have gotten the word! Just looked at my receipt...they WERE $3 like yours! Harbor fgt can be amazing!

Now if you have a Home owner's assoc...try it out on one of them!
Turned really cold and not a bug to be found today...Usually the wasps dive bomb the dogs and me when in my back yard...I am now armed to the teeth!:D nailed a whole bunch yesterday + horse flys, moths and pretty much anything else that moved.. My GF even hid out from me!:D

Later and good hunting!
jeff

Damn...got cold and the wasps are in hiding!

gizzer777 said:
GOT WASPS IN YOUR BUD??:)

Ok, NO MORE MR. NICE GUY:mad:

I picked one of these at my Local Harbor Freight store for $4.00 + 2 D cells...yes four dollars!

You hold the button; it electrifies the "web" and then swing away!....Fries em in a hurry!!!

With the big guys, it fries their wings and when they fall to the ground...YA just step on em,,,Gonna buy a dozen to give out at Christmas!:D THEY WORK ON ALL BUGS TOO!:D :D :D

Gizzer the Wasp Slayer:D

Figures...It got Really cold in Reno from the 90's to below 50...snow in the mountains too) and the wasps and other critters are in hiding...I will get my shot soon though...warming trend starting up and I have a full load of "D" cells!:D :D :D

Ok...got my 12!

gizzer777 said:
Figures...It got Really cold in Reno from the 90's to below 50...snow in the mountains too) and the wasps and other critters are in hiding...I will get my shot soon though...warming trend starting up and I have a full load of "D" cells!:D :D :D

Went down to the Harbor Fgt store todayand picked up my 12 "presents" for $2.99 ea...Delivered the first and he went nuts! Sent his assistant out to buy a 6 pk of Batteries!

Ya know, if I did not know better, the buggers are now on guard. If the see the swatter...I do not see many...If I look outside they are grouping up[! It is really funny to watch them as the days end and cool off..they really slow down...same thin in reverse in the AM in reverse!

Last night..it got down into the low 50's...I removed the feedhorn cover and they had been hard at work rebuilding their nest!...a few ventured out from the nest slowly and were instantly zapped:D SWEET REVENGE!...covered the nest in that wasp killer spray!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)