Watch Apple livestream its iPhone 5S, 5C announcement here

iOS7 re-engineered for 64 apps, but 32bit apps are fine. (Which those of us beta testing knew, since we've been running them :) ).

The A7 chip is twice as fast than the A6 and 40x faster than the first iPhone. Graphics have been upgraded to OpenGL ES 3.0.

(Considering I notice no lag at all on my 5, I wonder, for most apps, whether this will be noticeable?)

64bit architecture A7 SoC inside the Apple 5S. Apparently a first for smartphones.

We all knew the 5S would come with a processor upgrade. Apparently this is a pretty decent processor upgrade and probably the biggest reason to upgrade. I still think I'll probably hold on to my iPhone 5 and wait for the design change on next years iPhone 6 for my upgrade.

There is a separate chip for the accelerometer, compass, other sensors… Called the M7. Geek -talk for me…

Update:
Smarter fitness apps. The new chip lets the iPhone 5S know whether you're walking, running, standing, or maybe doing jumping jacks

The A7 chip is twice as fast than the A6 and 40x faster than the first iPhone. Graphics have been upgraded to OpenGL ES 3.0.

(Considering I notice no lag at all on my 5, I wonder, for most apps, whether this will be noticeable?)

Exactly my thoughts. If iOS7 is running on iPhone 4 still I think my iPhone 5 will be able to handle all my apps just fine. The processor is nice but probably overkill for most of the apps we are using today.

Camera upgrade: Apple has designed its own 5-element lens system, with f2.2 aperture. The sensor is 15% larger than on prev. iPhone

Dual-LED flash for the iPhone 5S has been confirmed. Their color temperature is different for a truer color balance.

(Impressive, to pull off F2.2, with such a small lens, and 5-elements… interesting… should provide much better low-light photography).

The camera sounds interesting, strangely the feed I am following did not specify how many MP the camera images are. I'd assume higher, but bigger sensor does not mandate bigger MP images (i.e. I have a 3/4-size sensor on a Powershow G1X, and it is only 12.1MP; whereas a much smaller sensor on the earlier powershot I had was 14MP).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)