Watch ESPN-Almost hate to ask...

D. Manley

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2012
United States
What's the reason DISH is not on the "approved" list of providers to use the app on mobile devices? Part dieux - chances of a change in the foreseeable future?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

What's the reason DISH is not on the "approved" list of providers to use the app on mobile devices? Part dieux - chances of a change in the foreseeable future? Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Current contract with Disney does not provide for streaming rights.

Dish and Disney are currently negotiating a new contract. There is a very good chance that any new contract will provide for such rights. Stay tuned.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well I hope dish gets us a deal for Espn3 because I have Time Warner internet service and time warner requires us to have their tv and internet service for them to give me access to Espn3. From what I have read time warner is the only company that is doing it this way, which makes me despise time warner even more, but if I want fast internet connection it is my only option.

Comcast is the same way, except on my computer. When I try to access ESPN3 on my Roku, I have to have a Comcast login and my internet only login doesn't work. I have another login that does work however, and that login is attached to a Comcast account that has ESPN on TV....

Comcast is the same way, except on my computer. When I try to access ESPN3 on my Roku, I have to have a Comcast login and my internet only login doesn't work. I have another login that does work however, and that login is attached to a Comcast account that has ESPN on TV....

Correct. You are required to have not only a programming package but one that includes ESPN. I have Comcast Internet & maintain a limited basic TV package just as a backup to my DISH subscription. It's only a few bucks a month and up until a few months ago, included ESPN enabling me to access Watch ESPN (subsequently, ESPN 3) on my mobile devices. Comcast slowly & consistently charges more & more for less & less. They now require a package costing more than it's worth to me for ESPN considering, it's a rare instance to actually access their programming.

Bottom line, if DISH could get on the list of approved providers, problem solved.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts