Watching 4K HDR programing via a 4K Joey

I will try again, the Joey will not see channels 540-1 or 540-2 and it can not see a 4k recording that is made from the hopper 3 and stored on the internal hard drive. However you can still record channels 540-1 and 540-2 from the hopper 3 (see *) and it will store the 4k event on the internal Disk in the hopper 3. You just cannot replay it because the 4K Joey will not see the recording nor will you be able to watch it from the Hopper 3 because your TV on the Hopper 3 is not 4k. But once the recording starts you can using the example posted by Foxbat to connect to that "active" recording and watch it live on the 4K Joey (Using Startover) and it will play to the end even if the recording has finishes before you stop watching. Now once the recording is complete and the 4 K joey had dropped the connection to the tuner that was recorded the event, the only way to watch the recorded event is to use the hopper 3 to copy it to an external hdd that is connected to the hopper 3. Once the 4k recording is on the Hopper 3's external hdd the 4k Joey will see it and play it but you still can not watch it from the hopper 3 because your hopper 3 is not connected to a 4k TV. These are workarounds because Dish will not fix this,

* Just one more note I think when I went to set up the 4k recording via hopper 3 I had used the manual process for recording as the hopper gave me a error when I tried to using the channel guide to record the event.

Now you stated how you can use the 4k Joey to to select the event on the Hopper 3 - Please look at the "SECOND post" from the top made by user Foxbat which he explained with pictures.

Thanks, that's perfect. That is what I had thought you meant, but that made it clear and removed any confusion. Thanks!!

I look forward to having an opportunity to try this out. I assume something will air in 4K HDR before the 2024 Super Bowl. :)

Am I correct to think that the Hopper Plus and Joey 4's would also achieve this with the added benefit of not requiring going to the Hopper 3 to start the recording or moving 4K recordings to an external drive to watch at any time? I do understand from discussions on these forums that the Hopper Plus has some issues and is not as reliable as the Hopper 3 in other ways. If it's just that it doesn't support the multi-view, that's fine -- I never use that feature.