Watching a recording getting interrupted by signal loss.

BearHuntr

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 11, 2003
We've been seeing a recurring problem on a 622 where we are watching something that was recorded earlier and it is getting repeatedly interrupted by a "Satellite signal has been lost" message. The playback seems to continue in the background, but we have to go resume to get it to show up again.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Any ideas on what to do to fix it? I'm planning to to a full reboot of the box as soon as there are no recordings going. Thanks!

Scott.

This happens when recording OTA also. I have called in many times and requested this "feature" be turned off...

I've been hiting the DVR button and then cancel and it is coming back for me. It is a huge bother but it has at least been working for me.

We've been seeing a recurring problem on a 622 where we are watching something that was recorded earlier and it is getting repeatedly interrupted by a "Satellite signal has been lost" message. The playback seems to continue in the background, but we have to go resume to get it to show up again.

Is anyone else seeing this problem? Any ideas on what to do to fix it? I'm planning to to a full reboot of the box as soon as there are no recordings going. Thanks!

Scott.

Are the recordings of OTA, or Sat channels?

I suggest that the OP do something to correct the issue that is causing the signal loss.

I agree that it shouldn't have such an intrusive impact on the viewing experience, but I'm betting that the cause can be fixed.

I suggest that the OP do something to correct the issue that is causing the signal loss.

I agree that it shouldn't have such an intrusive impact on the viewing experience, but I'm betting that the cause can be fixed.

What i think he is saying, is he is watching a recorded show that doesnt have any problems, but if it is storming outside, and the signal is going out, that message comes up on the screen while he is watching the "good" recording.
It has happened to me before. I dont know why if i am watching a recorded program, the message comes up about "live" real time signal problems . That message shouldnt come up unless i am watching "live " real time programs.

What i think he is saying, is he is watching a recorded show that doesnt have any problems, but if it is storming outside, and the signal is going out, that message comes up on the screen while he is watching the "good" recording.
It has happened to me before. I dont know why if i am watching a recorded program, the message comes up about "live" real time signal problems . That message shouldnt come up unless i am watching "live " real time programs.

Yes, this is what is happening, however we don't normally have signal loss this often on clear sunny days!! After doing a power cycle (holding the power button until it rebooted) it worked perfectly fine. It seems to be a bug in the system as we had things recording during the "signal losses" and there was no disruption in the recordings. It just disrupted my previous recording's playback.

It seems to be a bug in the system as we had things recording during the "signal losses" and there was no disruption in the recordings. It just disrupted my previous recording's playback.
Exactly. I've been having this happen during most of this summer, but it didn't happen before then. It's very irritating, and is at the top of my list for things to be corrected.

Of course, I don't want that signal loss screen to ever come up. Okay, I missed some of the program due to signal loss. Why do I have to hit "okay" each time? Stopping to click "okay" every so often even makes it impossible to skip forward--at best you can fast forward to a clear spot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts