Watching Dish at my Cabin

NABALS

Original poster
Aug 30, 2011
Idaho
I am headed to my cabin for the weekend and would like to be able to watch the college football games while I am there. I have a Dish at the cabin, can I simply take the reciever from my home and get my programing there? I only spend a few weekends a year there so I don't want a separate account. Any help/advice would be great. Thanks!

Provided the dish at the cabin is the same as the one at home, it will work just fine. It must be the same dish with the same LNBs. You will need to do a check switch test....

actually as long as its a Dish dish aimed properly it will work. Depending on the model it may not get everything. ie: DIsh 500 at lake and a HD reciever wont get HD

At the cabin we have a D500 and a DPPTwin/separator for the 322. At the house its a Dish 500 quad with 2 lines. Check switch is needed each time we switch

I take one or two receivers to my cabin for 1-3 days at a time. In my case, I have one antenna on 110/119 and another on 129 at both the house and cabin. On the DPP44 switches, I make sure I have 110, 119, 129 on switch input 1, 2 and 3, respectively. Since my cabin is only 75 miles north, the receivers (622 or 722) don't even recognize they've been moved and I never do a switch test. I've noticed that 129 is not as strong at the cabin, and in bad weather I get more signal drops at the cabin. Just don't call for support while you're at your cabin as Dish sees the number you're calling from is not the number the receiver is supposed to be at.

I just had Xfinity come to my house yesterday. I told them that as long as I could use Dish at both houses I'd stay with Dish. If Dish ever bothers me about me taking the receiver to my cabin this "Hey, I see you're one of our best customers" will be an ex-customer.

I am headed to my cabin for the weekend and would like to be able to watch the college football games while I am there. I have a Dish at the cabin, can I simply take the reciever from my home and get my programing there? I only spend a few weekends a year there so I don't want a separate account. Any help/advice would be great. Thanks!

Hi, the only thing that might get you is the local channels. Most are on tight spot beams so if the cabin is far (maybe 200 miles or so) from your home you might not be able to get the locals. The link to thelist above should be able to sort that out for you. Later, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)