Watching Inhd1 & 2 under sunny skies in Arizona

kfried001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
At least I have Inhd1 & 2, Hdnet & Movies, and HBO-HD, SHO-HD, STARZ-HD,U-HD,ESP-HD,ESPN-HD,ALL MY Locals in HD, Distant FOX,ABC,NBC in HD. :) I get about 20 different HD channels without VOOM now.

philhu said:
Must have cable (inhd) and DTV? (hdnet, distant locals)?
Yes. Cox Cable, 14 HD Channels including locals and Direct TV for HD NFL ticket and HD Package. Cox Phoenix is adding Cinemax HD soon since Vegas already has it. There is some life after VOOM. Acutally Inhd1 & 2 are awesome, but I will miss the Cinema 10's, Worldsport and Monsters.

My cable has 17 hd channels now incl inhd1 and 2, hbo-hd, etc

I will get DTV for NFL HD, UHD, HDNET and HDNET movies and the east and west hd locals packages. So, basic dtv, with the hd $10.99 pkg.

Phil

kfried001 said:
At least I have Inhd1 & 2, Hdnet & Movies, and HBO-HD, SHO-HD, STARZ-HD,U-HD,ESP-HD,ESPN-HD,ALL MY Locals in HD, Distant FOX,ABC,NBC in HD. :) I get about 20 different HD channels without VOOM now.

I hear you. Ken glad that you are enjoying it and getting over this whole thing. We know you were very enthusiastic about VOOM and quite frankly we all were. We all need to start making the transition and move on. There's live without VOOM. I may have to the same you did but for now I am just going with D*. I will miss starz an cinemax and inhd (since I am dropping cable--CVC). I will be quite busy this spring/summer so my tv time will be limited and will probably evaluate once again in the fall.

As soon as Adelphia comes and does a site survey, I'll know what all of my options are for HD. As of now, I am pretty close to canceling E* and going back to D*.

Wayne

Sean Mota said:
I hear you. Ken glad that you are enjoying it and getting over this whole thing. We know you were very enthusiastic about VOOM and quite frankly we all were. We all need to start making the transition and move on. There's live without VOOM. I may have to the same you did but for now I am just going with D*. I will miss starz an cinemax and inhd (since I am dropping cable--CVC). I will be quite busy this spring/summer so my tv time will be limited and will probably evaluate once again in the fall.
Sean, I am still trying to get over it. After 18 months I just can't believe it. Now if Cox adds Cinemax-HD, TMC-HD and TNT-HD that will be good. But what to do about,

But whoever pics up VOOM programming, I am going with. If E* was smart, they would and they would have an outlet for their 942 DVR. That would be a compelling reason to buy it, because their would be compelling content (hint Charlie...).

But whoever pics up VOOM programming, I am going with. If E* was smart, they would and they would have an outlet for their 942 DVR. That would be a compelling reason to buy it, because their would be compelling content (hint Charlie...).[/QUOTE]

Wonder if V*'s World Sport is going anywhere. That was the only HD world class soccer anywhere! E* has RAI from Italy for weekend Seria A soccer in SD. Has anyone seen this? Wonder if the PQ is decent. Thx
Ken

Just made my arrangements with Adelphia....and I am VERY much looking for INHD1 & 2...WITH a HD DVR...!!!
The DVR will soften the blow a little...

kfried001 said:

None of them really worth a dead rat's @ss except UHD and HBOHD. As far I can tell you have no Worldcinema nor Filmfest nor KungFu nor MOnstersHD etc, so I can't get really excited on this news... :no

salsadancer7 said:
Just made my arrangements with Adelphia....and I am VERY much looking for INHD1 & 2...WITH a HD DVR...!!!
The DVR will soften the blow a little...

I'm much more interested in active Firewire ports...

kfried001 said:
Sean, I am still trying to get over it. After 18 months I just can't believe it. Now if Cox adds Cinemax-HD, TMC-HD and TNT-HD that will be good. But what to do about,

But whoever pics up VOOM programming, I am going with. If E* was smart, they would and they would have an outlet for their 942 DVR. That would be a compelling reason to buy it, because their would be compelling content (hint Charlie...).

When I lined up my install for Cox HD service here in Phoenix, the CSR told me that they will be adding OLN HD next month, and they will be trying to add additional HD channels every month! Of course this is a CSR talking so who knows how much truth there is to that. But like you, I would at least like to see them add TNT-HD, Cinemax-HD, TMC-HD, and when Sci-fi gets their HD channel going, I would like to see that in Cox's line-up as well. I do miss V*, and I don't want to take the chance on buying D*'s expensive equipment just to know that it might be obsolete within a year, and I don't want E* either, so I am just playing it safe with cable for a while to see what happens in the next year or so.

I will at least have the HD-DVR now. :smug

T2k said:
As far I can tell you have no Worldcinema nor Filmfest nor KungFu nor MOnstersHD etc, so I can't get really excited on this news... :no

I agree. I am really going to miss the Voom Originals the most.

Cinema10 & Monsters are absolutely unique channels compared with your regular premium channels.

Monsters, World Cinema and FU, where else can find that kind of HD programming?

T2k said:
None of them really worth a dead rat's @ss except UHD and HBOHD. As far I can tell you have no Worldcinema nor Filmfest nor KungFu nor MOnstersHD etc, so I can't get really excited on this news... :no
I switched to TWC and get the InHD and HDnet channels. Within the next 72 hours here are some of the HD programs I would be interested in watching or recording, all of which I consider at least worth a rat's behind:

1. The Amazon - IMAX movie
2. Beavers - IMAX movie (no, not Playboy!)
3. Reggae Musicfest - 90 min. concert from Nov. 2004
4. Australia- Land Beyond Time - IMAX movie
5. Roy Orbison & Friends - 1987 concert
6. Starsailor Live at the Marconi - May, 2004 concert
7. Eurasian Empires - The History of Baghdad
8. Jethro Tull - Live at the Isle of Wight
9. History if the World Part I - Mel Brooks
10. Sting Inside - concert
11. Nothing But Trailers - in-theater movie previews
12. True Music - Brave Combo concert
13. Miss Hawaiian Tropic International Pageant - (hmmmmm....)
14. In Focus - Art treasures of the NY Metropolitan
15. Blue Oyster Cult - A Long Days Night - 2002 concert
16. Bikini Destinations - France
17. Full Metal Jacket - featuring Gunnery Sergeant Hartman!
18. Carrie - the original
19. Taxi Driver
20. NY Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox
21. The Who Live at the Isle of Wight
22. NBA - Sacramento vs Phoenix
23 NY Yankees vs. Baltimore

None of these may be your cup of tea but I find that with all of this content, plus more, on just 4 channels in the next 3 days, my Voom withdrawal syndrome is slowly coming under control. No, there is no Kung Fu or Monsters, still will miss that, but this programming fills the Rave and Equator void at least in part. And yes, the PQ is just as good. I seriously doubted any cable could even come close to satellite but I am blown away by TWC's HD quality. And IMHO, their SD picture is even better than the majority of Vooms SD. Not bashing, still gonna miss her but reality is reality.

Their is one huge high-end audio/video store here in San Antonio call Bjorn's. I always wondered why they chose TWC to be their provider to demo their HD sets, vs. one of the satellites, especially Voom. Now I know.

Well, from this list the interesting stuff for me would be the Jethro Tull Live and Eurasian Empires - The History of Baghdad, maybe Taxi Driver (despite I've seen it numerous times)...

jbphoenix (or anyone)
What is OLN HD?
And, any time frame for Sci-Fi HD?? I'd love that!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts