Watching Superbowl!!! Help

mogack

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 17, 2006
I get locals in my area but not abc. Any suggestions on how I can watch the superbowl?

I hearsd there is a waiver that I can get since I don't get ABC so I can get a national ABC.

Thanks

There is no waver process to watch the Superbowl as it is not a Distant Network, the SuperBowl in HD is being classified as being a "Special Program" therefore waiver rules do not apply.

The only cities that will see the SuperBowl are the 10 areas I listed in the thread above.

I do not have hd. will I still be able to get this "special program"?

Not looking for waiver specifically for superbowl but for ABC. I would actually like to have it long term. Not just for the Superbowl.

mogack said:
I get locals in my area but not abc. Any suggestions on how I can watch the superbowl?

I hearsd there is a waiver that I can get since I don't get ABC so I can get a national ABC.

Thanks
You didn't say SD or HD. Doesn't matter anyway, it's too late in the game now to get waivers by Superbowl Sunday. Go find a sports bar that'll have the game on a big screen HD, watch it there. :)

Boo Hoo. That means I have to go to the bar (thanks for the excuse). HAHAHAH. Will make the little woman happy lol.

But there is a waiver to get the National ABC?

mogack said:
Boo Hoo. That means I have to go to the bar (thanks for the excuse). HAHAHAH. Will make the little woman happy lol.

But there is a waiver to get the National ABC?

you do not say where you live. if you live in an area that is unable to get ABC you can qualify for a distant net of ABC. You do not need a waiver if you qualify. They will turn it on immediatly.

I live in zip 63445 I do not get abc with my locals from dish. So if I called they would set me up?

I mean with a distant abc network? Do I get to pick? for example I have famiy in California, would I be able to get that ABC?

DO we have to do anything special to receive it?

I am in the New York Locals market so I should be getting it, but I don't see channel 240 on my guide yet.......

Marty43 said:
you do not say where you live. if you live in an area that is unable to get ABC you can qualify for a distant net of ABC. You do not need a waiver if you qualify. They will turn it on immediatly.

Dish said I have to go through the network???????

Baught an amplifier for my ant. works great. Thanks for the help though.

I called Dish and they told me that I would be able to get the Super Bowl in HD on channel 240. Minneapolis market.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts