watchOS 2

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1442870722.378553.jpg

Now this after a reboot on both.

Took a while to update here too. No 3rd party native apps yet on my watch except weather channel.

I guess developers need more that 3 months

Looks like every 10 minute measure of heart rate was added back to 2.0.

Reactions: stimpson
I'm on a hotel wifi and this is real slow download. Took 3 hours and finally, in the preparing stage. For it to show up, I had to shutdown all running apps, then do a soft boot startup.

Couple issues with 2.0.
Apps now do not respond even when I'm connected via same wifi with iPhone and watch.
Before 2.0 I could load apps like my radar with phone out of Bluetooth range but still connected through wifi. No more.
I could make and receive calls the same way. Not now. Since AT&T is awaiting FCC on approval of wireless calling could be the reason. I can still send and receive text which is big for me.
I did a repaired when I got home from work and will test again tomorrow.

Couple issues with 2.0.
Apps now do not respond even when I'm connected via same wifi with iPhone and watch.
Before 2.0 I could load apps like my radar with phone out of Bluetooth range but still connected through wifi. No more.
I could make and receive calls the same way. Not now. Since AT&T is awaiting FCC on approval of wireless calling could be the reason. I can still send and receive text which is big for me.
I did a repaired when I got home from work and will test again tomorrow.

Any luck?

I had to unload all the open apps on my iphone. Then, I rebooted the iphone ( hold the off button down and then slide the bar to the right.) Once I rebooted the iwatch app showed I had an update waiting. I used the hotel wifi and while it was fast enough to watch an hour TV show off my sling box in HD from home, it still took several hours to download the wOS2 update file. It was the slowest update I have seen.

I haven't had time to play with it much but the battery life seems about the same. I do notice my notifications are all showing up now and email response by voice to text works well. This is new.

Happy to report there was no change in battery life for wOS2. I'm still getting 44 hours average before power reserve warning. Happy!

Happy to report there was no change in battery life for wOS2. I'm still getting 44 hours average before power reserve warning. Happy!

I've noticed the same.
Strange more 3rd party apps have not developed native apps. I though there would be a slew of them on launch of the new software.

2.0.1 is available today. iOS 9.1 is required first.

Edit: Wow, just started the update and it's estimating 5 hours.

Edit2: It changed it's mind. Minutes now...

Here are a list of the updates:

Fixes an issue that could cause software updates to stall
Fixes issues that were impacting battery performance
Resolves an issue that prevented a managed iPhone from syncing iOS Calendar events to Apple Watch
Addresses an issue that could prevent location information from properly updating
Fixes an issue that could cause Digital Touch to send from an email address instead of a phone number
Addresses an issue that could cause instability when using a Live Photo as a watch face
Resolves an issue that allows the sensors to stay on indefinitely when using Siri to measure heart rate
WatchOS 2.0.1 also includes a bunch of bug fixes as well as support for new emoji’s which have also been made available today via iOS 9.1 and 10.11.1 El Capitan.

The five hours I saw earlier was the download time. Their servers must have been slammed today, downloading 9.1 took 25 minutes. Updating the watch ended up taking about a half hour.

The five hours I saw earlier was the download time. Their servers must have been slammed today, downloading 9.1 took 25 minutes. Updating the watch ended up taking about a half hour.

Funny that one of the fixes:
"Fixes an issue that could cause software updates to stall"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)