OTHER Wave Frontier Toroidal T-90 multi-LNB dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dsmith0429

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 12, 2013
Lake Placid, FL
Revisiting an old project. I have a Wave Frontier Toroidal T-90 multi-LNB dish that someone generously gave me a few years ago (from another member on here), and was experimenting with, but I had to take it down and put away during a hurricane warning and has been stuck in my storage shed for almost 2 years.

It's needs some TLC, but I think it should still be fine, just looks a little mildewed and dirty. Shed apparently had a leak. Fortunately I had removed all the LNBFs and holders so they were fine. I'm thinking about using a post instead of the wall mount that came with it.

My goal is to set it up for 85ºW to 105ºW, even though it's supposed to be able to handle 40º arc, I'm only going to set it up for 20º arc, because I had found it performed better that way. And there really isn't much left on either direction on Ku-band anyway.

So I'm thinking: 87ºW, 91ºW, 95ºW, 97ºW, and 103ºW, at least for starters, and maybe use a separate plain old 36" dish for 123ºW and 125ºW. No need for any circular satellites, since I don't have any subscription services. And I haven't picked up anything FTA Ku-band below 87ºW in a very long time. Don't get anything on 101ºW, 105ºW to 111ºW, or 115 ºW to 119ºW either. So I'm guessing there's nothing left on them FTA for Ku-band (well 105ºW has test pattern, not very entertaining, and 121ºW has nothing but test channels and info channel)

I'm basically eliminating a motorized setup for faster channel changing. The manual says it needs 3º between LNBFs, but I know I can get 2º for 95ºW and 97ºW, done it before. I may even try to add 99ºW too, but it will be very tight, so I may have to modify the LNB holders, or make custom ones.

I'll try and post some pictures once I start getting everything back together.

Let the adventure begin!

is it able to handle 2 degrees separation? (95W and 97W simultaneously). As far as FTA in Ku outside of the range you indicate, there's stuff on 15W, 30W, 34.5W, maybe 45W, and then 113 and 117W, but all of it might be of limited interest

is it able to handle 2 degrees separation? (95W and 97W simultaneously). As far as FTA in Ku outside of the range you indicate, there's stuff on 15W, 30W, 34.5W, maybe 45W, and then 113 and 117W, but all of it might be of limited interest

Yes, it can handle 2 degrees, with a little cussing :wtf, fussing :argue, trial and error :coco.

I had to really squeeze the two together to make it work, but it does work, at least for 95 & 97.

As for 15W, 30W, 34.5W, & 45W, I've never been able to lock on to them where I'm located in Florida. I have 113 and 117W scanned in on my motorized dish, but never really watch them. I used to get a few channels on 101W & 114.9W, but nothing scans in now.

Reactions: Brct203
Yes, it can handle 2 degrees, with a little cussing :wtf, fussing :argue, trial and error :coco.

I had to really squeeze the two together to make it work, but it does work, at least for 95 & 97.

As for 15W, 30W, 34.5W, & 45W, I've never been able to lock on to them where I'm located in Florida. I have 113 and 117W scanned in on my motorized dish, but never really watch them. I used to get a few channels on 101W & 114.9W, but nothing scans in now.
45W could be a bit of a challenge as it's not very powerful. But 30W should be easy (i can get most transponders with a re-purposed DT Slimline), while 34.5W is a bit more difficult here but should be stronger in FL.