Ways DirecTV screws you

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikehdtv

Original poster
Dec 4, 2003
I have been a DirecTV subscriber for 10 years. Recently I sent in 3 payments but was only credited for 2... called to find out what was going on and had to Fax in my bank statements showing I paid because there was no record of my missing payment.:confused: 2 weeks later no credit... call back, they say they will expidite it! 1 week later no credit!:eek: Call in and they say they have no record of my payment but will give it high priority!:eek: So it looks like this is intentional wearing down of the customer so I give up...it's only $88. I can't cancel, I have 14 months left on my contract so Iwould lose more than $88. :mad: This is my first real CS issue in 10 years but if this is how they treat A list guys what the F##% do they do to the rest? I am going to file a complaint with the Georgia Gov's Consumer Rights Division but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

I have been a DirecTV subscriber for 10 years. Recently I sent in 3 payments but was only credited for 2... called to find out what was going on and had to Fax in my bank statements showing I paid because there was no record of my missing payment.:confused: 2 weeks later no credit... call back, they say they will expidite it! 1 week later no credit!:eek: Call in and they say they have no record of my payment but will give it high priority!:eek: So it looks like this is intentional wearing down of the customer so I give up...it's only $88. I can't cancel, I have 14 months left on my contract so Iwould lose more than $88. :mad: This is my first real CS issue in 10 years but if this is how they treat A list guys what the F##% do they do to the rest? I am going to file a complaint with the Georgia Gov's Consumer Rights Division but any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike

Call retention.

call you bank and say they are claiming they never got the payment, your bank might be amle to fix it for you (like my bank, chase does/can) or you will get the 88.00 back from your bank, its a check, either they got it & cashed it, or not, sounds like they did get it since it cleared ur bank.

You can call whoever you want at DirecTV and you will probably get the same run-around.
I had a problem once with DirecWay. I participated in their beta test and was supposed to get free service for 6 months. DirecWay decided to bill me out of the blue for the whole 6 months! I called everybody I could at DirecWay with no luck. My Father-in-Law, who is an attorney, gave me this advice and it worked.
The best way to deal with this is to write a letter to DirecTV explaining the issue and include copies of your bank statements, etc.
Send three copies of your letter to DirecTV:

Copy 1 to the CEO:
Chase Carey: President and Chief Executive Officer
The DirecTV Group
2230 East Imperial Hwy.
El Segundo, CA 90245

Copy 2 to the Billing Dept Manager (just use the title)

Copy 3 to the Billing Dept Staff

There are several billing depts for DirecTV based on your Zip (see below)
Send the two billing letters to the appropriate office.
Mail your letters Certified Mail, so that someone at DirecTV has to sign for it and you will get a receipt that they signed it.
Now they have to take notice; you have put it in writing and you have a paper trail.
I would also mention in your letter that you would like to resolve this issue in a timely manner and that if they cannot help you you will get your attorney involved.

Here are the addresses for the DirecTV Billing Offices:

# If your ZIP code begins with: 0, 1 or 2
DIRECTV
PO Box 830032
Baltimore, MD 21283-0032

# If your ZIP code begins with: 3
DIRECTV
PO Box 31621
Tampa, FL 33631-3621

# If your ZIP code begins with: 4
DIRECTV
PO Box 6414
Carol Stream, IL 60197-6414

If your ZIP code begins with: 5, 7 or 8
DIRECTV
PO Box 78626
Phoenix, AZ 85062-8626

# If your ZIP code begins with: 6
DIRECTV
PO Box 9001069
Louisville, KY 40290-1069

If your ZIP code begins with: 9
DIRECTV
PO Box 54000
Los Angeles, CA 90054-1000

This should get you results.
Best of luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)