WB68 possible issue with old receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hendomatic

Original poster
Jun 26, 2005
Hi Guys and Gals. What a great forum.

My conundrum is this.

I have upgraded my dish to the AT9 and decided to use the zinwell wb68 switch to provide more outputs.

This setup works great on my H20 receiver using the wideband converter.

The problem is that my old Sony SAT-A50s now complain about a short in the cable. I have tried every cable with the H10 and the Sony's. The H20 works and the Sony's complain.

It is possible that the zinwell switch is not compatible with the old sony's?

I looked far and wide for the answer before starting this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Dennis

Last edited:
Well sad to reply to my own post, but what the heck. Have some information to share, so here goes..

Directv was not much help. The tech support person didnt even know what an AT-9 dish was.. at first they said the AT9 should work with all receivers, but within 2 minutes of my explanations decided that the receivers were too old and not compatible

oh well. I tossed the old receivers and bought a new H20 and it works great with the rest of the system..

So... if you have a new 5 LNB dish and hook a WB68 switch to it, old Sony DSS units will likely not work.

Anyone else have a bunch of older receivers that are working fine with the WB68? What receivers are confirmed to work properly?

Can you find a published maximum current rating for Sony's LNB powering? It seems to me that a couple of years ago, people had trouble using them with the Terk diplexers that passed power on both legs to power their broadcast antenna's internal preamplifiers.

All I know is the Zinwell switch works great with the First Generation HD STBs (E86 and RCA DCT-100). Never had an issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts