Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
NBC thank you that you are not making the effort. We don't want you to pick up these 20 over the air games. You just may screw them up. I hate to say it but I would like Fox to pick these 20 games and negotiate them to be broadcast in HD.

Source

August 26, 2004 -- IT's LOOKING like Ch. 2 won't air Yankees games next year — now that the exclusive negotiating window has expired.
Leading candidates for the 20-game, over-the-air package are Fox-owned Ch. 5 and Ch. 9, according to sources — with Ch. 4 described as a longshot possibility.

Three years ago, when CBS- owned WCBS/Ch. 2 acquired 20 Yankees games per season, it did so in part because its pri me- time schedule was weak — a situation that's since changed with CBS churning out consistent hits like "CSI: Miami" and "Yes, Dear" and the contin ued success of the "Survivor" franchise.

"I can tell you it's not as if we are making a killing on this package."

It's believed that Ch. 2 pays YES between $5 million and $11 million per year for its 20-game package — and Leone acknowledged that the Yankees have delivered tremendous ratings.

In its first year — with Cablevision and YES, the Yankees' cable carrier, at odds — Ch. 2 averaged about 526,000 households, which dropped slightly to 482,000 households in 2003. Ch. 2's Yankees games are averaging about 503,000 households thus far this year.

"Over the course of three years, the Yankees ratings on WCBS have averaged a 6.9 household rating. This is a phenomenal rating that any network would be proud of."

With Ch. 11 airing 50 Mets games per season, Ch. 5 — which has the national over-the-air baseball package — and Ch. 9 are the most likely players.

"We explore every opportunity to see if it is right for our stations," a Fox TV stations spokeswoman said.

yes, you're correct, Iceberg

who cares, though? It's the Yankees, they suck anyway! :)

not that I care about the Yankees but it would give me another outlet for baseball...I would just turn down the TV volume.

Just like last night when I watched the Dodgers vs. the Expos on RDS (ExpressVu). ahhh, baseball in French :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)