Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Well folks we are back up again (and hopefully that was our last extended outtage for a LONG long time)

While we were down we upgraded to Vbulletin 3.52

We also moved to our new 64 bit server.

At the time I write this you might be still using the old server of you may be using the new server as we are waiting for the DNS to propogate.

If you ping www.satelliteguys.us and the IP address you get is 69.16.208.148 then you are on the new server. (You should also be able to tell as its is FASTER. :))

We are still working on things so if you see anything strange please let us know. :)

Welcome HOME to SatelliteGuys.US!

Last edited:
Shouldn't that be 69.16.208.148? That's what I get when I ping satelliteguys.us

so we have 2 servers right?

And the databse is on the old one (which the html/php stuff was on two) but now were using this new server again just for html/php, like we originally planned right? So we're back to how we were supposed to go forward?

ok so we're running on one server again. And is this an even new server or one of the 2 servers we had going?

so if logic follows you'll be putting in a request to cancel the other servers then. and this new server is not hosted by the planet?

I did read your pub member cries, just didn't continue I guess to the point where this was the decision you actually made

Basically because they hosed us over and wanted us to pay to correct their mistake.

We moved to a better place on MUCH better equipment (64 Bit Dual Core CPU's, Raid 10 Drive config, 8 Gig of ram) for less cost per month. :D

I was very happy with ThePlanet until they did this to us.

I tried working with them but they wouldnt budge at all. It wasnt until I notified them that I was canceling service that they tried to working with me, but that offer was too little and too late. :)

Yes I did a full checkup on them and couldnt find any real complaints about them other then your standed administrative mistakes which every company has.

Well, my avatar problem is fixed as you tell by the picture of Missus Riffjim4069, and the new server/software is spitting out search results faster than I can query the system. The improvements are very much appreciated!:hatsoff:

The 64 Bit Processors and OS have made a HUGE difference!

I was telling the staff that on the old servers when I would import the database it would take close to 3 hours to get it imported, on the new server I was able to import the database in around 6 minutes.

I am VERY happy with this move and I haven't even tweeked the software yet for optimum speed. :D

They should have treated you right to begin with. If you had that problem with them once then you would have probably had problems with them in the future as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)