We are back!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Todays backend updates went EXTREMELY smooth! Our backend software is now operating on the latest stable versions.

The upgrade was needed as we are getting ready for a big future upgrade. :D

While the site is back online early I am still doing work on the server which includes some backround database maintenance, because of this you may have some speed issues, however this will clear up when this maintenance is done.

Thanks for your patience!

hehe... Backend :D

No clue what that means in server terms only the other nasty stuff ;)

This upgrade has made a NICE difference on our server loads.

On a normal saturday like today with 600+ users online our load is about 3.50

Today after the upgrades with 600+ online the server load is 0.43! And thats with me doing work still in the background!

Scott,

Found one interesting error...

I am getting this when opening threads in the Satelite Internet Forum... I chose the Wilblue chosed to be the official provider thread, and the one below that....

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /includes/functions_gal.php on line 117

Just thought I'd let you know in case it begins to cause other issues... Threads in the Dish Network forum opened fine.

That error shows at the top of the screen, but still loads the thread fine without issue.

Yup I know what the error is. :)

I forgot to load one of the features into PHP. I will need to do that, to do it there may be a breif outtage. :(

Sorry it went to smooth though. :D

OK that error message is a bug in our version of vBulletin and the new version of MySQL. It is fixed with the new vBulletin 3.08 however I don't plan on upgrading to 3.08 as I am already working on vb 3.5.

I should also note that this issue is not present in vb 3.5 that we are running on our beta server.

The good news is that problem isn't really one.

Thanks for letting us know. :D

Because it is slow tonight I am rebuilding and reindexing our search index which is something that is long overdue.

As this is done you might notice some slowdown of the system.

I'm sorry Scott, I cannot allow this course of action to take place.

LOL, just kidding. Keep up the good work!! I haven't noticed any slowdown at all today.

BFG said:
hehe... Backend :D
No clue what that means in server terms only the other nasty stuff ;)
LER said:
Database stuff, web server stuff.
Aka all those things *I* care about :)
One of you are a geek and one of you is a pervert. I can't figure out which is which though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)