We are back!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Sorry for the downtime tonight.

Over the past 2 nights I have been awoken with MYSQL Database error which I have been able to correct with a reboot of the server.

Today CPANEL sent out a security update bulletin for all servers running 64 BIT OS's (which we are) telling them about a serious bug in MYSQL which was causing the issue we were having and telling people to upgrade.

So we upgraded.

And the upgrade did not work the board would not restart.

So I worked with LER on the phone for a few hours and still couldn't get it working, then for sheets and giggles I decided to upgrade our cpanel software (which I just updated yesterday) and there was an update available.

After doing this CPANEL upgrade things magically started working, turns out search cpanel.net that someone make a spelling mistake in the upgrade script for MySQL and that was causing all of our issues. (grrr)

Anyways we are back up now and I should not be awoken tonight. If you notice a difference in speed its because we are not running the ZEND optimizer which caches our PHP to serve it to you faster.

If speed is an issue tommorow then I will recompile it into the software, I did not do it tonight because I figured the board was back online, lets not tempt fate. :D

For those of you who are not pub members an update on our new server, which I received last week, it is now in the hands of LER in Texas who will be reloading the OS due to it being loaded wrong by the computer manufacturer (It was loaded as RAID5 when it was supposed to be loaded as RAID 10)

LER has promised to make the new server purr, after he is done he will send it to the new ISP and from there we will slowly migrate to the new server. When this happens you will see a vast improvement in system speed. :)

Thanks for your patience, good night all!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Sorry for the downtime tonight.

Over the past 2 nights I have been awoken with MYSQL Database error which I have been able to correct with a reboot of the server.

Today CPANEL sent out a security update bulletin for all servers running 64 BIT OS's (which we are) telling them about a serious bug in MYSQL which was causing the issue we were having and telling people to upgrade.

So we upgraded.

And the upgrade did not work the board would not restart.

So I worked with LER on the phone for a few hours and still couldn't get it working, then for sheets and giggles I decided to upgrade our cpanel software (which I just updated yesterday) and there was an update available.

After doing this CPANEL upgrade things magically started working, turns out search cpanel.net that someone make a spelling mistake in the upgrade script for MySQL and that was causing all of our issues. (grrr)

Anyways we are back up now and I should not be awoken tonight. If you notice a difference in speed its because we are not running the ZEND optimizer which caches our PHP to serve it to you faster.

If speed is an issue tommorow then I will recompile it into the software, I did not do it tonight because I figured the board was back online, lets not tempt fate. :D

For those of you who are not pub members an update on our new server, which I received last week, it is now in the hands of LER in Texas who will be reloading the OS due to it being loaded wrong by the computer manufacturer (It was loaded as RAID5 when it was supposed to be loaded as RAID 10)

LER has promised to make the new server purr, after he is done he will send it to the new ISP and from there we will slowly migrate to the new server. When this happens you will see a vast improvement in system speed. :)

Thanks for your patience, good night all!
night scott and thanks for everything!

Getting this on spell check:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: pspell_new() in /home/satellit/public_html/pungospell.php on line 50

Speed is incredibly slow this morning at 8:15 am eastern time and does require atleast one additional refresh to get it going.

Van said:
Speed is incredibly slow this morning at 8:15 am eastern time and does require atleast one additional refresh to get it going.
Speed is pretty good currently actually...

I do not visit here very, very often.. but seems to be faster anyhow.. than while back!

Good job!

The forum sure became BIG and well known over time.. Congrats people! :)

Translation: He modified the server to play XBox 360 games and one game was causing things to slow down! :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Sorry that was me fixing a few things. We should be back to normal within a few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.