We are doing a "maintenance" beta on IA6 for the next couple weeks.

hobojoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 8, 2006
so caif usa
:) more testing for the hn7000s on IA6-93west starting next week lasting at least 2 weeks. don't know how much it will effect any one I'll keep you informed as much as i can. they should let me know which transponder next week.

Last edited:
i know satmex5 is leased space but what are the others? 1A6 must be theres so they can screw it up and not get in trouble. lol

:) Tate can you give me pointing specifications for this sat? I'm at 92027 or 117west 33north. and or where i can get this info with out loading the old dw4000 software. thanks!

az. 127.3
el 43.6
skew -32

I don't have a modem available right now but this is what I get when zip is put into this program.http://www.arachnoid.com/satfinder/

It is usually accurate.

Settings for the 7000s will be
93west
1433.5 freq.
21.5 symbol
rec H
trans H
DVB mode DVB-S2-ACM
user 20500

Settings for 7000 will be
93west
1046 freq
45 symbol
rec H
trans H

:clap :wave :bow thanks so much! i forgot to ask him and hes on vacation till wed. i told him i would be pointed and ready to go with my second dish. i ran a couple of differant programs getting defferant numbers each time. the rag heads don't understand a thing! I'm getting the hn7700 for voip testing. comparing it with vonage. this will be "my" new modem to keep with a pro-plus plan. when i get it running I'll post some results. apparently its not so hush hush now the modems are out. they are looking into some kind of work for free service if i continue beta testing for them. and a hint they may do more than that like maybe working here in San Diego for there business sales west coast office tech support. they are scheduling a training day. this really is sounding good. the marines i work with want hn units to take to the sand box. i got one setup all ready for one unit they all want one now. they seem to work pretty good over there with the .98m dish and portable stand. and a vonage phone line. for cheap calls home. well its getting late, I'll keep you posted. and thanks again!

hobojoe said:
I just got word i'm getting a HN7700S for this test. doesn't it have a built in router and voip?

If its like the DW7000 only a telephone port, serial port, and 2 ethernet ports "not in a networking type way".

Take a look at the attached.

Attachments

• DW7X00_Install_Gd_1035977.pdf
    5.4 MB · Views: 457
  • DW7X00_User_Gd_1035978.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 386
found this also; http://www.hughesnetbiz.com/HUGHES/...Entity[OID[C4D929DFE0F25441A450AF59F502DA1E]] looks fantastic! but do i need the 2 watt trans? may be i can beg for a dish too. lol a lot of the info says dw not hn so I'm wondering are there no changes or they haven't updated this website all the way yet? still looks good to me! how are they working for you any problems yet? you said you liked it. and i agree its been a grate modem so far with good improvements!:up

:) OK! got it today! its fantastic! dual LAN lines phone port serial port. i did not expect the 80 signal Laval on this sat for me on the west coast. the skew is wicked. cross pol was 80. for me I'm disappointed i ha vent been able to get it higher, my satmex5 is always 90Sig/99cp! but I'm still fine tuning it. they must have it set wide open my first speed test came back at 1.7MB-down and 300kbs-up. still setting it up and learning about it. no paper work with it. I'll get the manual some where. I'm on 93west/1433MHz/rate21.50/h-h/tone-off. latest software is 5.3.0.24 on July 18Th. nice fish Tate! i got to get some sleep its 1am I'll post more tomarrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts