We FTA'ers are an interesting group

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Remembering to park the BUD on a South Sat so the lawnmower will fit underneath.
LOL...:up
Just this past weekend I was mowing, got near my 10 footer, and hollered towards the house "W3 PLEASE!" and my wife moved the dish up to AMC3 so my head just clears it on my riding mower! :eek: (It's W3 in the old Toshiba that moves it):D

i love movies with buds in them. today i watch Switching channels a 1988 movie staring burt reynolds. burt notice his tv monitor picture jumping around, he call out the window for the engineer to fix it so the enginner kick it nothing then he got on top of the dish jumping on it and burt say its good now.
boy was that funny.
john

What makes an FTA'er different than your average subscriber is when you see any dish, especially on businesses, you stop to look at it to see if you can figure out what satellite it’s pointed at and what kind of LNB is on the darn thing! Still guilty of that one! The wife hates when I do that! :D

In a new town, you look for satellite dish to find which is south. (No GPS, compass in car).

In a new town, you look for satellite dish to find which is south. (No GPS, compass in car).
Might not want to try that in Goldendale WA.. The high speed internet uses a 20" dish with a rectangular LNBF on it. The interface point is on top of the Grain Growers Silo.:D
So E* and D* may be pointed South but the internet dish may be any direction. The DirecTV installer working on the east side of town could not get any signal at an apartment complex. About 15 dishes pointing west! Another installer did not have so much problem the next day! He looked at my Glorystar dish install and set his and had his satellite in less than 2 minutes. We both had a laugh!

You Know There's A FTAer In Your Neighbor...

I thought this might be fun (to bring out the humor of us FTAers.)
Complete this sentence...

You know there's a FTAer in your neighborhood when_________

(Kinda think like Foxworthy when you do this.)

I go first:

You know there's a FTAer in your neighborhood when you see the Dish Network, Directv, and cable company trucks parked at your neighbors house watching a ballgame on a FTA system he owns! :D

A slight variation ......

You know you're an FTA'er when LOS and a good Southern view is the most important factor when buying a new home .

You know you're an FTA'er when...

...Your neighbors think you're crazy (or incompetent) because they "never have to play with their DirecTV dish that much, it just always stays put!"

you know you're a FTA'er when.....

you laugh at your neighbor's "awesome" HD picture of a sporting event..then you go home and see ti a heckuva lot better on FTA :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)