This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

WE GOT SNOW!! On BUDs!! February 13, 2021!!

Up here we have seen the low temps last couple of weeks but have had very little snow this winter. Fields are bare, maybe 3-4" snow in all this winter and much of that melted in warmer weather in January.
Interesting that in this cold-dry snap here, temps north of Hudson's Bay have been often above 0C in places, right up to Alert. Cooled down to -20s last few days up there though.
I don't bother cleaning the snow off the prime focus dishes until it builds up a few inches. Think I cleaned them off once this winter just because I was checking them anyway. It's a good idea to clean them if the snow is wet and the forecast is for cold weather; that way it won't freeze into solid ice.. difficult to keep up though if it keeps snowing.
The snow mostly slides off the offset dishes. Definitely an advantage to that dish configuration.

Reactions: k.r.
Plus my dry snow was blowing in from the north. Dish faces south. Makes it hard for snow to stick to the front.

Reactions: Brct203
Captain Midnight,

WOW!!! Lots of snow down there in Arkansas, your home state.
GOOD SNOW!!! LOTS OF SNOW!!!
Even KIDS LOVE THEM!!!

But IF I were there with you, I probably wouldn't survive in your snow!!!

Right now, SNOW are GONE up here in Seattle!!! We're in the 40's but will be in the 30's during the night. NO SNOW is expected. Pretty much on the mountains. I'm on the lower level, 500 feet by the Puget Sound. That's what
SeaTac Airport says, which I'm by there.

We get snow frequently, the question is can you still watch TV. These two are still watching.
It does take quite a bit of snow to wipe out a 12 foot C-band dish. Not much accumulated on my 1.2 meter offset for Ku so not a problem there.

Nice. I can't get one. You got two!! I am jealous! Are those 8 footers...?