Status
Not open for further replies.

Purogamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2005
Mentor, Ohio
I just went to the main page, got rid of that talking snow thing, and saw the birthday list...lgor is turning 12 today? That's got to be wrong, how did we have an 11 year old posting here? I don't remember what the age minimum was when I signed up, but generally it's 13 and for a satellite site, that's pushing it I think...What's the story?

BTW, I pushed the return key after entering my title by mistake and the error I got was "Please Lengthen your message to at least 1 characters"...which also can't be right...1 character? Shouldn't posts have to be at least a couple words when submitting a new thread?

Just a mess up I am sure. If he really is 12 years old hes a genious as I looked at his two posts and he was quite technical.

Actually on January 1st it usually lists over 500 people with birthdays today. (This was due to our conversion from phpBB to vb a few years ago) But I wwent through a few weeks ago and cleared out everyone with the birthday of 1/1/1970 :)

Her at SatelliteGuys we welcome members of all ages, we welcome all to learn. If you want a site with a bunch of old farts PM me and I can give you the url. :D

Happy New Year!

Purogamer said:
I just went to the main page, got rid of that talking snow thing, and saw the birthday list...lgor is turning 12 today? That's got to be wrong, how did we have an 11 year old posting here? I don't remember what the age minimum was when I signed up, but generally it's 13 and for a satellite site, that's pushing it I think...What's the story?
BTW, I pushed the return key after entering my title by mistake and the error I got was "Please Lengthen your message to at least 1 characters"...which also can't be right...1 character? Shouldn't posts have to be at least a couple words when submitting a new thread?
I saw that too but I fiqured it was some mistake.

Says who? What world do you live in? 6th graders are trading heroine for anal sex via text messaging while hanging outside the abercrombie...

Even back in the 60's/70's, etc, what 12 year old hasn't seen a sears ad featuring women dressed just like the ones in my avatar?

We don't have 12 year olds here anyways, someone made a mistake. Why would anyone under 18 (The age i'd say someone would get satellite tv for themselves initially) be here?

Could be a LOT worse! There is no nudity. Like a 12 year old is not going to see that on television?

I don't want to insult anyone so this is just an observation. You can't tell how old someone is by how technical they talk/type. Or how poorly for that matter. My son took and completed a course in PC repair when he was 10 years old. If he would have been in this forum at that time you would never have known his age. Now he is 17 and can get really deep into technical things that he has an interest in. Personally I don't care what age as long as they don't think they have to use foul language to appear older.

SatelliteGAL said:
I don't want to insult anyone so this is just an observation. You can't tell how old someone is by how technical they talk/type. Or how poorly for that matter. My son took and completed a course in PC repair when he was 10 years old. If he would have been in this forum at that time you would never have known his age. Now he is 17 and can get really deep into technical things that he has an interest in. Personally I don't care what age as long as they don't think they have to use foul language to appear older.

im gonna take hell for this post but, the steelers won, great christmas, and new years....etc.... im on cloud nine.

if i were still 17 and im not im 30 years past that, id want to be DEEP into the girls in poros avatar:hungry: :devil: yeah baby!!

BTW,, ill bet your kids watch south park? sit down like i do and have to explain that show to a 12 year old. puro the avatar you have is human beauty at its greatest!!!! keep it up my man (LOL LOL) KEEP IT UP!

Last edited:
Purogamer said:
Says who? What world do you live in? 6th graders are trading heroine for anal sex via text messaging while hanging outside the abercrombie...

Even back in the 60's/70's, etc, what 12 year old hasn't seen a sears ad featuring women dressed just like the ones in my avatar?

We don't have 12 year olds here anyways, someone made a mistake. Why would anyone under 18 (The age i'd say someone would get satellite tv for themselves initially) be here?

I agree that it is not appropriate since I had a pic of Yulia and Lena, from the band T.A.T.U., laying on a bed as my avatar and it was yanked in 2 seconds. So what gives here upper admin, are we playing favorites or what?

Refer to this post for reference:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=327750#post327750

Last edited:
silversurfer said:
Which is also why avatars should be kept to something that is acceptable for any one to view.

I agree with this comment. Avatars should not insulting or disrespectful to anyone. I do not believe this is the proper forum for these types of photos. Personally, I find them to be quite offensive and degrading to women by treating them as objects.

In reference to the comments about the age of members/viewers of this forum: My husband was looking at this site with our child watching over his shoulder when she saw Purogamer's avatar and made a comment. I carefully monitor what my children are exposed to. I never thought viewing this web site would have posed a problem since I understood the purpose is to provide news and information relevant to satellite and high tech television. I do not appreciate these provocative photos placed on a site with no age limits. Even though there is no nudity, they are quite suggestive. I do realize we are inundated with images such as these in all types of media, but as a high school teacher and a mother, I have seen the negative impact these photos have on impressionable young minds.

Since this site has mostly male members, I am sure my post will not be read with much agreement. Regardless, I do believe it is important for me to express my opinion and ask that before anyone places any photo, comment, etc., they consider the impact they will have on others. If we all stopped and asked this question before we did anything, wouldn't the world be a better place?

Keep in mind, this issue was important enough to me that I took the time to become a member so I could post my comment.

My world.....

Several things here:

In case anyone has noticed, the ENTIRE WORLD is ran on someone's Personal opinion. Every law, statute, policy from the national government down to the rules of a kindergarten playground are reflections of someone's personal opinion that gained popularity and support somehow.

In my world it is NOT ACCEPTABLE for any 6th grader to do anything pertaining to Purogamer's post. Anyone that would even know of a child so young taking part of such things should certainly do something about it. If they didn't do something, then perhaps they condone that kind of filth.

Just because TV portrays lesbianism and perversion "that they would see anyway" does not justify creating another source of exposure for others,

Be part of the solution, not part of the problem

Give me a Break. Put it back on the parents . They should know what their kids are watching. Ever heard of Cinemax :rolleyes:

Quoted from Truckracer:

"Just because TV portrays lesbianism and perversion "that they would see anyway" does not justify creating another source of exposure for others,"

"Be part of the solution, not part of the problem"

I agree with your first comment and I love your last quote. I plan to place in on my the board in my classroom. I have a special place for meaningful and thought provoking quotes. Since I teach U.S. Government, it should make for some interesting discussions.

truckracer said:
Several things here:
In case anyone has noticed, the ENTIRE WORLD is ran on someone's Personal opinion. Every law, statute, policy from the national government down to the rules of a kindergarten playground are reflections of someone's personal opinion that gained popularity and support somehow.
In my world it is NOT ACCEPTABLE for any 6th grader to do anything pertaining to Purogamer's post. Anyone that would even know of a child so young taking part of such things should certainly do something about it. If they didn't do something, then perhaps they condone that kind of filth.
Just because TV portrays lesbianism and perversion "that they would see anyway" does not justify creating another source of exposure for others,
Be part of the solution, not part of the problem

Wait, Wait, Wait. In your about you page you have girls gone wild as your home page. This is just as bad as purogamers avator even worse.

I am curious how did you turn off the talking snowman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)