Weak signal Galaxy 19 - 12122

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nuvision

Original poster
May 23, 2012
los angeles
Do anybody know that why signal strength is weak on Galaxy 19, frequency 12122, symbol rate 20,000. Polarity - H. I rent a transponder on this frequency, but most of my customer can not scan to find our channel Nu vision tv. Most of the customer watch thai - Lao channel that tune to frequency 12090, symbol rate 20,000. My customer want to tune and scan to 12122 and they can not find Nu vision channel. The signal weak. Do you know what is causing this. I talk to satellite company and they its on the same symbol rate it should not happen. My customer the one that they able to find our channel sometime can watch and someday the screen just black out.

Welcome to the site nuvision.

I don't know why that Transponder is weak, but just wanted to welcome you to SatelliteGuys, Americans #1 Satellite Information Source.

We have a member here who MIGHT be able to help, and that would be Brian whos name is SatelliteAV, he helps broadcasters broadcast on G19 for his Glorystar service. You might want to try sending him a private message and see if he can help. :)

FTA SIGNAL WEAK NEED HELP

I just rent a transponder TP24 Galaxy 19, Freq - 12122, Symbol rate 20,000, Polarity - H. Most of the customer have their dish turn to watch on Galaxy 19, TP 22, Freq 12090, Symbol rate , 20,000, Polarity H. It is very difficult for customer to scan to find my Channel Nu vision tv and most of the time it show signal at 4 - 20 % and quality at 60% on freq. 12122, but if compare to 12090 it show 89% signal. Do you know what is causing this problem. I talk to satellite provider and they say all the transponder signal are the same. Its true? Many customer sometime can watch on 12122 today and the next day the picture is gone. They try to scan and find Nu vision on 12122 but it just can not find it on FTA box. I need someone to educated me on this matter. thanks

I don't know about all the transponders being the same, I think they are messing with you there. I remember reading long ago that uplink power levels affect the downlink power levels, but I have no engineering degrees so take it with a grain of salt. I just scanned your channel in, using a simple fta box and a 90cm dish, I get excellent signal strength, and good stable video here in N.ALA. Perhaps some of your customers have marginal systems, undersized dishes, faulty cables , receivers or lnbfs. There can be a lot of factors affecting reception, I would think the under-performing systems need to be trouble-checked individually.

Did a quick comparison of 12122 and 12090 along with other transponders on Galaxy 19 and have attached the test results below.

TP 12122 performance is underwhelming compared to 12090. The Carrier to Noise (C/N) is dramatically lower. A 4.2dB C/N difference is over twice the carrier to noise decrease for 12122. At a glance, it is impossible to determine the cause of the decreased performance, but you certainly should investigate if this transponder has similar performance across the footprint. Is SF Gateway's link budget with Intelsat the same for both transponders?

It might be interesting to see if this transponder has adjacent satellite interference like the 11842(3) transponder has experienced from 95w. Might try peaking the receiving dish for 12122 and see if 12090 signal quality readings are negatively affected.

I agree with other observations that the type of equipment and the installation will greatly affect performance observations between your viewers. Are you distributing the same equipment to your viewers or are they buying equipment from different vendors? Poor equipment or marginal installations will amplify a small problem, but good equipment that is properly installed may see little difference in the two transponders.

Attachments

• G19 TP Compare.pdf
    10.2 KB · Views: 238
Last edited:
12122 H 20000 15.0db
12153 H 20000 15.0db
12090 H 20000 15.5db
12060 H 22000 15.1db
11966 H 22000 14.8db

Nothing wrong with your signal....

Very strong signal here in Western Montana I show 14 services on that transponder
That channell IDs as "4 NU Vision TV"

Last edited:
I will when I get home if it is not already done. I can't merge from my droid phone very easy.

Sent from my DROID2 using SatelliteGuys

Did a quick comparison of 12122 and 12090 along with other transponders on Galaxy 19 and have attached the test results below.

TP 12122 performance is underwhelming compared to 12090. The Carrier to Noise (C/N) is dramatically lower. A 4.2dB C/N difference is over twice the carrier to noise decrease for 12122. At a glance, it is impossible to determine the cause of the decreased performance, but you certainly should investigate if this transponder has similar performance across the footprint. Is SF Gateway's link budget with Intelsat the same for both transponders?

It might be interesting to see if this transponder has adjacent satellite interference like the 11842(3) transponder has experienced from 95w. Might try peaking the receiving dish for 12122 and see if 12090 signal quality readings are negatively affected.

I agree with other observations that the type of equipment and the installation will greatly affect performance observations between your viewers. Are you distributing the same equipment to your viewers or are they buying equipment from different vendors? Poor equipment or marginal installations will amplify a small problem, but good equipment that is properly installed may see little difference in the two transponders.

I'm not far from L.A. and I can't get the anything on 12122 SR 20000 H either. I am using a small dish (75cm) but when I change the settings to 12122 SR 22000 H, I get a good signal (Quality 65%) and a few channels show up (although not Nuvision). This is a little intriguing. I am using an Openbox S-10. Also, it appears that all the good signal reports are coming from the East Coast Region which makes me wonder about the downlink beam pattern. Hope this helps .....

Very Strong In New York:
Quality 86
V 831
A 832
P 831
SID 4
It is ITC ( In the clear - No Scrambling)

Thank you for your help. I am trying to explain to satellite company that many of my customer have difficulty watching Nu vision or can not scan to find Nu vision. Some customer that able to watch us before now can not watch us. One day the picture is showing up and another day is gone or either showing like a Scratch Video. My question is if most of Thai people watch content from 12090 symbol rate 20,000 and the installer turn the dish toward 12090 and concentrated to get the most signal from this frequency. A reason to that is because there are 10 Thai channel on this frequency, but on 12122 Nu vision is the only channel in this frequency. What would happen to 12122 if the dish is turning and concentrated to 12090. Is the problem that causing signal to be weak for 12122. Because there are 100,000 of box that program to 12090 and their dish already turn to 12090 for more than 9 years. If 12122 just show up with nuvision couple of month ago. Would it causes people to find us more difficult by just scroll through the channel. Because many customer call up and need help from Nu vision to help them scan to find the channel and most of the time Nu vision channel did not show up in their box. What do you think causing the problem. What frequency you suggest that I rent that are close to 12090, so they able to find us more easier. People are finding Thai global network by scroll through the channel by remote more easier than finding nu vision. Eventhrough TGN ( thai global network) is in frequency 11966 Tp 14. but they able to scan and find it. I can not move to RRSAT because I have contract with SFIG. What suggestion you have that I should move to what frequency within SFIG. I am totally lost of why this happen to 12122. It's because 11966 and TGN is on this frequency for several years now. I paid ten thousand of dollar for nothing and people can not find or watch us. Please help!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)