Weak spotbeam signal for locals on E10?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JonBlack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 12, 2005
Lowcountry, SC
I'm in the Charleston, SC DMA and our locals have moved to E10 on TP4 spotbeam 2, according to the chart I've checked. When I check the signal strength on TP 4 it is always around 89-91. The other TP's are usually around 100-105. I've read that your local/regional spotbeams are suppose to be stronger than the CONUS beams.

I'm well within the spotbeam, so why such a weaker signal?

I have the same problem, I live in southern Indiana and 2 of my locals run on 110 trp 1 and the highest i've seen it was 70 :( my other locals are awesome like 115 or so, but 2 of mine are ugly :(

Reports from the Harrisburg DMA show their locals on TP4 spotbeam 4 around 55. :( :( Baltimore locals on TP23 spotbeam 5 are also quite weak. The low readings may be due to interference from neighboring spotbeams, hopefully Dish engineering is doing what they can to mitigate this problem.

Dish is packing too many beams on one transponder.
Widening of patterns and more power will be required to just come close to prior E10 usage.
We are suffering while they are experimenting.
Prior engineering information shows this could happen.

I don't mind them experimenting to get things to where they ultimately should be. I realize that we are still very early on in E10's usage as many DMA's still aren't converted over.

I just wanted to start this thread to let E* know that some of us (more than I thought) don't have strong signals for their spotbeams. Since I have no clue if they have people in each DMA that report their signal strengths to them or if they rely on us folks to help out.

After reading some of the posts some have it much worse than me.

Jonblack, you have a pretty good signal compared to mine. My local channels are now giving me a signal strength of 68-70 range. This is down from the old readings before the switch of 100-120 range. I hope E* can correct this because now I'm worried about rain fade. It wasn't much of a problem before but could be now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)