Weather Channel in HD

MikeMara

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2007
Stanwood, WA
The Weather Channel is expected to complete the construction of its new 12,500-square-foot HD facility this month.
The network hopes to have the electronics installed and sets completed by early May for its new HD studios.
Your Weather Today and Evening Edition, the network’s first two HD studio programs, are still planning on a June 2 debut.
The Weather Channel HD also secured distribution with all six of the top HD-programming distributors: Time Warner Cable, Charter Communications, Cox Communications, DirecTV, Comcast and EchoStar Communications’ Dish Network.
“The Weather Channel content is ideally suited for HD because weather is so visual, be it the stunning outdoor shots in our series or live in-the-field coverage during hurricane season,” executive vice president of distribution and business affairs Becky Powhatan said in a statement.
“We’re following an aggressive transition schedule to premiere the first of our live HD studio programs in early June with others to follow until virtually our entire 24-hour programming schedule will be in native HD before the end of 2008,” she added

Does Dish know about this? :)

You just have upconverted SD, not HD on Directv Weather Channel. My 722 upconverts all SD channels to HD. So, I guess that I have 200 HD channels according to Directv philosophy.

hes saying that the 722 broadcasts everything in a set resolution (meaning if I have mine set to 1080i it outputs 1080i), meaning Directv is taking a Sd feed and upconverting to a HD resolution, same thing his 722 is, so if we are to do that then yes in fact we Do have alot of "HD" channels according to directv

The Weather Channel is expected to complete the construction of its new 12,500-square-foot HD facility this month.
The network hopes to have the electronics installed and sets completed by early May for its new HD studios.
Your Weather Today and Evening Edition, the network’s first two HD studio programs, are still planning on a June 2 debut.
The Weather Channel HD also secured distribution with all six of the top HD-programming distributors: Time Warner Cable, Charter Communications, Cox Communications, DirecTV, Comcast and EchoStar Communications’ Dish Network.
“The Weather Channel content is ideally suited for HD because weather is so visual, be it the stunning outdoor shots in our series or live in-the-field coverage during hurricane season,” executive vice president of distribution and business affairs Becky Powhatan said in a statement.
“We’re following an aggressive transition schedule to premiere the first of our live HD studio programs in early June with others to follow until virtually our entire 24-hour programming schedule will be in native HD before the end of 2008,” she added

Does Dish know about this? :)

Dish actually had the weather channel hd logo in some of there ads a couple of months ago.

You just have upconverted SD, not HD on Directv Weather Channel. My 722 upconverts all SD channels to HD. So, I guess that I have 200 HD channels according to Directv philosophy.
SOME of it is upconverted on TWC, SOME of it is in HD. So D* customers dont JUST have upconverted. Also, the difference in what your 722 puts out as "upconvert" and the feed that D* is sending are two different things.

SOME of it is upconverted on TWC, SOME of it is in HD. So D* customers dont JUST have upconverted. Also, the difference in what your 722 puts out as "upconvert" and the feed that D* is sending are two different things.
They are all just mad because they wish they had upconvet,Instead of NOTHING! Enjoy your SD! Dish Fans. I'll watch True HD and my Upconvert,since they both look much better then SD.

hes saying that the 722 broadcasts everything in a set resolution (meaning if I have mine set to 1080i it outputs 1080i), meaning Directv is taking a Sd feed and upconverting to a HD resolution, same thing his 722 is, so if we are to do that then yes in fact we Do have alot of "HD" channels according to directv
Why do you even comment on that. My guess is you and your friend have no clue about the D* service. Keep telling yourself you do though. OH and 76 HD channels on E* thats a Flat out LIE! and D* claims 85 and guess what, I have 101. Thanks though.

They are all just mad because they wish they had upconvet,Instead of NOTHING! Enjoy your SD! Dish Fans. I'll watch True HD and my Upconvert,since they both look much better then SD.
He is either mad or badly misinformed. I cant do anything about the first, thats his choice, but I would love to help clear up his misconception if possible

Why do you even comment on that. My guess is you and your friend have no clue about the D* service. Keep telling yourself you do though. OH and 76 HD channels on E* thats a Flat out LIE! and D* claims 85 and guess what, I have 101. Thanks though.

First off, dont ever assume you know anything about me because you dont. I do know about Directv Service, I have seen it in action, and I do enjoy it. Secondly I wasnt saying anything about how I believe that there is upconverts or anything, someone asked what he meant, and I explained what I thought he was trying to get it, so cool your jets I wasnt bashing your directv service. go back to your forum if thats how you are going to act.

I know a little bit about the difference of HD and upconverting, I have been around for awhile I wasnt trying to spread misinformation or anything, just trying to break down one man's post for another man.

First off, dont ever assume you know anything about me because you dont. I do know about Directv Service, I have seen it in action, and I do enjoy it. Secondly I wasnt saying anything about how I believe that there is upconverts or anything, someone asked what he meant, and I explained what I thought he was trying to get it, so cool your jets I wasnt bashing your directv service. go back to your forum if thats how you are going to act.
I know you aren't a D* subscriber. And I know who you were commenting on. Thats why I'm still wondering why you would even bother to comment on his lame a@# unresearched comments.And you took this to personal.

I can't wait for The Weather Channel to become HD. I see other customers watch their shows during the evenings so it is more popular than what some think and I have an interest in weather myself. This should make the graphs much more crisp especially when they revamp them in their new studio. As global warming continues we will have more severe weather and even more people will be tuning into The Weather Channel.

I can't wait for The Weather Channel to become HD. I see other customers watch their shows during the evenings so it is more popular than what some think and I have an interest in weather myself. This should make the graphs much more crisp especially when they revamp them in their new studio. As global warming continues we will have more severe weather and even more people will be tuning into The Weather Channel.

Global warming. I thought the correct way to say it is climate change.:)