Weather Channel Interactive

mjstraw

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 29, 2004
Or any of the interactive service for that matter are a joke. It takes so long on a 722 to get there that I hardly ever bother.

One factor is the length of time it takes each menu level to load. The other is how deep the weather channel is in the menu tree.

Mark

Or any of the interactive service for that matter are a joke. It takes so long on a 722 to get there that I hardly ever bother.

One factor is the length of time it takes each menu level to load. The other is how deep the weather channel is in the menu tree.

Mark
Same here i try everynow and then just to see if it was made faster but i too wind up giving up as it takes WAY too long.:(
And it shouldnt be different on the sd version than the hd version:mad:

Actually, that thread Is what prompted me to start this one. It had degraded beyond the original post. 4-5 pages is about the limit for usefulness IMHO

Anyway, this is also about other interactive stuff, too.

Mark

anyway, The Weather Channel Interactive feature was created back in 2006, when The Weather Channel wasn't owned by NBC-Universal and DirecTV didn't have there version which gives a LOT8 feel and actually gives you weather alerts. anyway i want to see Dish actually update this to have weather alerts like DirecTV's version's got, i saw clips of the DirecTV version in action on Youtube.

And let's not forget that all the interactive and the mosaic of Dish Home is displayed only in SD. That is the #1 reason I don't use Dish Home any longer, the fact that it is not HD. A very close #2 is the time it takes to load.

However, your complaints have been addressed in the forthcoming 922. It will display UI in HD and is designed to make interactive features seamless or part of what you may be currently watching. The last Tech Forum demonstrated, as one example, a side by side PIP with what channel you are watching on side of the screen and the web browser on the other side of the screen. No having to leave programming to use other features as with Dish Home now.

And let's not forget that all the interactive and the mosaic of Dish Home is displayed only in SD.
Want a really bad example ? Go to the "CNN Interactive" feature on Dish Home. Should remind you of CGA-era graphics.... I think that's what Prodigy looked like in the early 90s in fact !!

CGA=Color Graphics Adapter

It was the first color monitor format for the original IBM PC for those old enough to remember that. I think it went

CGA==>EGA==>VGA.......

Anyway CGA=Very rudimentary graphics.
OK thanks.

I've used CNN Enhanced and the graphics look rather out of date to me too. Overall though I still think DISH is the leader in Interactive TV, they always have been IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)