Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldog

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I just read this story at Computerworld's site:

Tuesday, March 06, 2007 03:00 PM GMT-08:00

The Weather Channel Interactive Inc. Tuesday launched a new interactive online weather map that allows users to access and manipulate weather data down to the street level.

The tool, which uses Microsoft Virtual Earth and is available from all of the city pages at the weather.com Web site, links satellite and radar data to allow users to pan, zoom and animate weather information, according to The Weather Channel. Users can view road or photographic aerial maps to pinpoint weather in a user's immediate area, it said.

"Maps are one of the most viewed areas on weather.com, so we are constantly looking for ways to enhance them with the latest technology," Deslie Quinby, vice president of weather.com and marketing at The Weather Channel, said in a statement.

Virtual Earth is Microsoft's mapping and location service that the company uses in its own Windows Live Local online local search and mapping Web site.

Would be nice if they added this to Google Earth as well. I seen another program that allowed you to view radars but not like what is being described in this thread. I do not understand why they are using Microsoft's product when they use Google Earth on their shows.

Would be very nice if they added this to Google Earth.

I wonder what it will be like 3-5 years from now. Will be blown away with some stuff that is coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts