Weather drop outs

Status
Please reply by conversation.

lovemybadkitty

Original poster
Oct 1, 2012
Harris county TX
I am new to dtv and live in Houston. When raining the other day sat. went on the blink. Clouds were present but didn't seem to be very low altitude black tornado types. Rain was moderate to light. To me nothing out of unusual. my question what causes the interruption? The clouds, rain, or is the satellite antenna off a bit causing a low signal? :D

I am new to dtv and live in Houston. When raining the other day sat. went on the blink. Clouds were present but didn't seem to be very low altitude black tornado types. Rain was moderate to light. To me nothing out of unusual. my question what causes the interruption? The clouds, rain, or is the satellite antenna off a bit causing a low signal? :D

A little of all of it probably.

I would check your Sat signal Strength when it's a clear day and see how good they are.
Typically it's real hard rain that will cause this to happen, however, the real reason yu lose the signal is due to interference between the Dish on your end and the Sat 23,000 miles away.

When the storm clouds are bad enough to disintegrate the signal, theres nothing you can do.

It could be a clear blue sky, if the area the dish is pointed to (SW usually) is having heavy rain, you may lose it.

I really like that, because when the Sat goes out, I know we have bad weather coming, as the weather is typically coming from the SW, same as the Sat signal.

In Texas the dishes point generally south.

yes
menu
favs and settings
settings
down to satellite
then check signal strength or something like that

Looks like going through the satellite menu that signal strength looks to be ok, it his a cloud free and sunny day here in Houston. S:popcorno is there a rain shield to not have the rain block reflections of signal?

Looks like going through the satellite menu that signal strength looks to be ok, it his a cloud free and sunny day here in Houston. S:popcorno is there a rain shield to not have the rain block reflections of signal?

Nothing that works like you are hoping ...

In reality, the break up of the signal happens up in the sky between the Sat and your Dish, due to the density of the Storm Clouds...
where abouts are your Signal Strengths ?

If signal strengths aren't good you need to call Directv and have them come out and peak it :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts