Please reply by conversation.

motorcycle_rider

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 8, 2004
Northeast Michigan
Sadoun

I remember some time back there was a thread mentioning problems viewing the SADOUN website with Firefox. Well I noticed today that I can view the main page and satellite receivers pages. All other links give a blank page.

This is using:
XP Pro
Firefox 1.5.01.
Using IE everything works fine.

Using:
Fedora Core 4
Firefox 1.5.01 same viewing errors.

Unfortunatly I do not have any other *nix distros installed in any of my pc's at this time to further test so I have not tried Mozzilla or konquorer.

I put this message here since Sadoun seems to frequent this forum more often. If you wish to move moderators go ahead.

Yep...I reported it months ago

motorcycle_rider said:
Sadoun

I remember some time back there was a thread mentioning problems viewing the SADOUN website with Firefox. Well I noticed today that I can view the main page and satellite receivers pages. All other links give a blank page.

This is using:
XP Pro
Firefox 1.5.01.
Using IE everything works fine.

Using:
Fedora Core 4
Firefox 1.5.01 same viewing errors.

Unfortunatly I do not have any other *nix distros installed in any of my pc's at this time to further test so I have not tried Mozzilla or konquorer.

I put this message here since Sadoun seems to frequent this forum more often. If you wish to move moderators go ahead.

As much as I like his products...I cannot use Explorer in good consience...wait til you see explorer 7 and Vista ...what a mess!
Jeff

Hi motorcycle_rider

Thank you for your feedback. A few FireFox users have reported similar sporadic issues. I will check the website structure and hopefully we can make it more FireFox friendly website.

In the meantime, try to clear your browsers Cache, Cookies, etc and see if that helps.

If anyone has any suggestions, please PM me. TIA.

I am bound by certain agreements but

Tron said:
Oh, no, what's 'ol Billy G up to now....

I can tell you there will be 8 versions of Vista...it is c=urrently VERY buggy, has it;'s own security aimed at killing off Norton, Mcafee etc and TAKES ABOUT 8 GIGABYTES!!!!

VERY FAST ON A DUAL CORE AMD 64 BUT WILL NOT STAY RUNNING FOR MORE THAN 15 MIN! dRIVERS ARE VERY BUGGY AND i AM RESIGNING AS A BETA TESTER...DO NOT HAVE THE TIME!

It

Sodoun

I checked again today and it seems to be working well with Firefox and XP. I will check later on Fedora and let you know if thats working.

Now if I can just remember what the heck I was looking for or researching in the first place......

NOPE..the same

motorcycle_rider said:
Sodoun

I checked again today and it seems to be working well with Firefox and XP. I will check later on Fedora and let you know if thats working.

Now if I can just remember what the heck I was looking for or researching in the first place......

Just checked and as it was a few months ago...loads the maqin page just fine...blank pages after that. Your computer guy should be able to fix this pretty easily. Today there are more people leaving Explorer due to the constant holes (security ) and switching to Firefox or Opera (which I have not tried)

IMHO, it would be wise to get the computer guy to reapair his htnl code to work with all browsers...do not want to see you8 lose business since you are such a valuable resource

PC(1) XP pro dual core Athlon
PC 2) Apple IMAC G% built in browser woiks ok
PC(3) AMD 64 notebook w/firefox...same results as Number on1

I helped Beta test XP and now VISTA...Vista will get really ugly since it is close to final and is really buggy!
The new apple's are running emulation (Rosetta) on the Intel chiops which will; probably cause trouble!
Since Safari browser is pretty secure, I have not put Forefox For Apple on!

These installs are stock Mozilla (firefox 1.5) with no mods. MS security is disabled (I am behind a hardware firewall) and AV is Kasparsky Labs. This is the only site I have visited with this issue though I am sure there are others "optimized for Explorer"...a mistake when you try to sell retail over the web (IMHO)..Again it will probably involve an HTML conversion depending on how the code was written!

If I can assist, please PM me! I just want you to be accessable to all with good intentions...NONE of my 35 clients will run Explorer, since if there is trouble that I can pin on Explorer, my fees double. I support Firefox and Opera browsers at a reasonable and normal chg!

Mcaffee, AOL, and Symantec...double $$!!!

MS is the worst in most areas IMHO!

kindest regards
Jeff

Many of the pages are now cleared up but I noticed the Bargain Bin page still is not legible (using firefox 1.0.7)

sdoradus said:
Many of the pages are now cleared up but I noticed the Bargain Bin page still is not legible (using firefox 1.0.7)

Current Firefox version is v1.5.01

As you can see by the attached screen dump I am using Firefox and the Bargain Bin works; as does the entire site.

Attachments

• firefox_bin.JPG
    firefox_bin.JPG
    193.9 KB · Views: 114
Using 1.51 here

charper1 said:
Current Firefox version is v1.5.01

As you can see by the attached screen dump I am using Firefox and the Bargain Bin works; as does the entire site.

Yep, I use 1.5.1
I only wish Saudon well....still have loading issues on anything beyond the main page..using a new PC and new ISP so that can't have been it!

Still think it is the way it is coded. People are not patient...trouble loading and most move on!

Jeff

I frequent Sadoun with Firefox.

If pages come up blank, I clear the cache, and all becomes well again.
Have not had any issues beyond that, yet.

I use FireFox 1.5.0.1 on occasions. I don't have a problem browsing through the whole site. It seems that it is user specific.

Here is a thumbnail of a page:

Attachments

• sadounsite.jpg
    sadounsite.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Works good for me IF I clear the cache (before) I goto the bargin bin page. I also have had to clear the cache between the "warning" page and the actual sale bargin bin page. The rest of the site is working well.

I have tried 3 systems (2 laptops and 1 desktop), all running windows 2000. All with Firefox 1.5.01. IE works fine (I just dont use it except to test).

It may in fact be "user specific" however it seems to affect quite a few users.

Last edited:
charper1 said:
Yep, very few. LOL - sorry, I had too.
Actually very few,------------------ have taken the time to question it :D

Others may just think its a great "blank page" website :D

The just dont understand the "wealth" of information hidden within those pages

(its ok ya had to I understand :>)

c-ya
Chris

BLANK PAGES? :eek:

It seems obvious quite a few FireFox users are having accessibility issue. I will make it my mission :D to find out what could be causing that and hopefully I can put my finger on it :up .

I dont' know if this helps, but here goes.

I load your site via the ad link on this page. I then click Satellite receivers and got the blank page. I hit refresh and the page comes right up.

Attachments

• blankSadoun.gif
    blankSadoun.gif
    29.4 KB · Views: 129
  • blankSadoun_reload.gif
    blankSadoun_reload.gif
    74.4 KB · Views: 142
  • FF1501.gif
    FF1501.gif
    22.1 KB · Views: 108
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)