Wednesday Wake Up Call Questions...

I wonder if they use Powdered Mummy in this cereal? :D

Yummy_Mummy_cereal_box.png

Our Wake Up Call question today: "THIS COMMONLY ACCEPTED PRACTICE IS NOT DOCUMENTED UNTIL THE YEAR 1890. WHAT IS IT? ....AND, IT'S SOMETHING WE DO MOST EVERY DAY!

Local Winners get a Burger of the Week from the Lamplight Grill and a Bouquet of the Week from Sid's Flower Shop LLC in Ionia! Long-Distance and streaming listeners get a $10 Amazon dot com gift certificate! Listen online from www.i1430.com or get our apps from Google Play/I-tunes App store and take us anywhere! Good luck with the question!

By the way, we'd LOVE to have your voices on the air! 616-527-9466 from 6-9 AM EST! (or, answer here or e-mail morning@i1430.com)

Our Wake Up Call question today: "ABOUT A HUNDRED YEARS AGO, THE U.S. GOVERNMENT HAD A PROGRAM IN PLACE, SAVING THEM $350 A DAY. WHAT DID OUR GOVERNMENT DO TO SAVE $350 A DAY?"

Local Winners get a Burger of the Week from the Lamplight Grill and a Bouquet of the Week from Sid's Flower Shop LLC in Ionia! Long-Distance and streaming listeners get a $10 Amazon dot com gift certificate! Listen online from www.i1430.com or get our apps from Google Play/I-tunes App store and take us anywhere! Good luck with the question!

By the way, we'd LOVE to have your voices on the air! 616-527-9466 from 6-9 AM EST! (or, answer here or e-mail morning@i1430.com)

We'll return to the question on Thusrday the 27th. No correct answer yet.

Last edited:
Good Morning "Early Risers!" We're GOING to get an answer today to an old "wake up call" question. "About 100 years ago, the US Government had a program in place saving THEM $350/day." WHAT DID THEY DO TO SAVE $350/DAY? Win from The Lamplight Grill and Sid's Flowers on WION this morning! We'll also have our "Vegetable Song of the week" in honor of the Community Gardens project. Join us on the air and on the web!

Good Morning (Again,) Early risers! We thought we'd dig out the Wake Up Call question again this morning! It's the same one... "About 100 years ago, the US Government had a program in place saving THEM $350/day." We know it's got nothing to do with thinner coins, cutting back on employee coffee or postage, income tax, savings accounts, or the Federal Reserve. What's the answer? YOU tell US! Win from Sid's Flowers and the Lamplight Grill (and you'll pick up our coveted "AM-only" beach ball! (its a beach ball made before our FM was added to the logo...use only with AM radios nearby, not FM... or the ball will explode!) A GREAT prize package...

Operators ARE standing by...616-527-WION

**NEW WAKE UP CALL QUESTION!!" WIN A BURGER OF THE WEEK FROM THE LAMPLIGHT GRILL (LOCAL WINNERS!!)
OR, A $10 GIFT CERTIFICATE TO AMAZON DOT COM (LONG DISTANCE STREAMING LISTENERS!!)
AT ONE TIME, WHAT DID MEN PROTECT WHILE SLEEPING...AND HOW DID THEY DO IT?

Good Morning, Early Risers! We're back on our wake up call question today..for a burger of the week from the Lamplight Grill in downtown Ionia: AT ONE TIME, WHAT DID MEN PROTECT WHILE SLEEPING, AND...HOW DID THEY DO IT?" join in the fun! Call us at 616-527-WION or, e-mail "morning@i1430.com" through 9AM EDT!

Distant and Stream Listeners who win get a $10 gift certificate to Amazon Dot Com, so why not play along???

In the weather department, Thunderstorms throughout our day today, a high at near 70!

Good Morning, Early risers! We've made it to the midweek. The PB & J Show will begin when Penny arrives very soon! We'll have a new "vegetable song of the week" (you won't want to miss this) and we'll work on the wake up call question, "AT ONE TIME, WHAT DID MEN PROTECT WHILE SLEEPING, AND HOW DID HTEY DO IT?" You could win a burger of the week from the Lamplight Grill, or, if you're farther away, a $10 Amazon dot Com gift certificate!

We're also going to discuss the volunteers making the I M Kids 3rd meal program possible and much more! Grab some coffee, a carbonated beverage or your Cheerios, and join us! Listen online at www.i1430.com or get our FREE (and non-data mining/non-intrusive) WION listening app from Google Play and I-tunes!

Last edited:
Good Morning, WION "Early Risers!" Rain today, supposedly ending around 3PM. Penny will Join us, making it the PB&J Show again today. (Ever notice how she gets first billing on Wednesdays??)....and we'll work on our wake up call...."Sweden has more WHAT in proportion to her population than any other country?" Our clue from last week: "Sometimes sharp, but usually FLAT"....

Let's hear from you this morning! Phones open around 7 AM at 616-527-9466 or e-mail to "morning@i1430.com" and you could win a Burger of the week from the Lamplight Grill or, for "far away" (streaming) listeners, a $10 Amazon dot com gift certificate!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)