Wednesday Wake Up Call Questions...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Jim posted this in Yellow, so it was heard to read:

Good Morning, WION "Early Risers!" Rain today, supposedly ending around 3PM. Penny will Join us, making it the PB&J Show again today. (Ever notice how she gets first billing on Wednesdays??)....and we'll work on our wake up call...."Sweden has more WHAT in proportion to her population than any other country?" Our clue from last week: "Sometimes sharp, but usually FLAT"....

Let's hear from you this morning! Phones open around 7 AM at 616-527-9466 or e-mail to "morning@i1430.com" and you could win a Burger of the week from the Lamplight Grill or, for "far away" (streaming) listeners, a $10 Amazon dot com gift certificate!

And the reason I get top billing...is because I do the work to fix things and make it easier for everyone to know what is happening in the WION Community! LOL

It depends on the theme you're using and there were no complaints previous to our upgrade. I love what Scott's done for our site, and we'll be adapting and changing as well. Sorry for your difficulty. Try a 'dark' theme and it'll be fine for reading older entries. There's some adapting to do to the new site, and we'll be doing some as well. Scott had a "custom" site for us in the past if you read his post. With all the possible combinations of colors and themes there's no way to know HOW you view this site on your particular PC. Again, we're sorry, please, for those posts, temporarily change your theme and you should be fine.

Good Morning, WION "Early Risers!" Rain and thunderstorms today, Penny will Join us, making it the PB&J Show again today. )....and we'll work on our wake up call...."Sweden has more WHAT in proportion to her population than any other country?" Our clue from last week: "Sometimes sharp, but usually FLAT"....

Let's hear from you this morning! Phones open around 7 AM at 616-527-9466 or e-mail to "morning@i1430.com" and you could win a Burger of the week from the Lamplight Grill or, for "far away" (streaming) listeners, a $10 Amazon dot com gift certificate!

We'll also be SELLING CLUES to the wake up call, with all funds raised going to WION's "Relay for Life" efforts, the event coming in July on the 11th and 12th! ALL donations welcomed of any amount, so the morning show can pull ahead again and lead afternoons in fund-raising. The team we sponsor is "Volunteers for a Cure" ....so, if you want a better clue, BUY ONE from Jim today!

Good Morning, WION Early Risers! Adding to the fun today, We finally got an answer to the "wake up call" which began on May 21st! "Sweden has more WHAT in proportion to her population than any other country?" The answer was: TELEVISIONS!! If you see Warren from Gil-Roy Hardware Ionia, congratulate him! He wins the Burger of the week from the Lamplight Grill! (and a bouquet of the week from Sid's Flower Shop LLC in downtown Ionia! We'll begin a new question...thanks to Warren!

GOOD MORNING WION early risers! Jim gets back to our "wake up call" trivia question this morning about....SHEEP! Your chance to win a "Burger of the Week" from the Lamplight Grill in downtown Ionia and a "Bouquet of the week" from Sid's Flower Shop LLC on Main Street. T'S RECORDED IN HISTORY THAT A HERD OF SHEEP WAS ONCE SHEARED IN A STRANGE WAY. WHAT SHEARED THEM? Long-distance (streaming) listeners can win a $10 amazon dot com gift certificate)

It's Wednesday...Good Morning WION Early Risers! Today you awoke to CBS news, and the OFFICIAL Freefair Anthem, "I Am Cow" by The Arrogant Worms. We play that each day to honor the agricultural roots of our fair. (And despite large protests from the fair board.)....

Our WAKE UP CALL QUESTION returns: A MAN IN FORT WORTH TEXAS ONCE HAD A STRANGE WAY OF MAKING A LIVING.....SOMETIMES EARNING OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS AN HOUR...WHAT DID HE DO? The correct answer good for a burger of the week from the Lamplight Grill in downtown Ionia! (or if far away, a $10 gift certificate from Amazon dot com.)

That is all! (that Jim Carlyle can think-of right now.)

Good Morning, WION Early Risers! It's Wednesday! That means the morning "Wake up Call" returns with your chance to win from the Lamplight Grill in downtown Ionia! If you're our winner on today's question and live far away, you can select to win a $10 gift certificate to Amazon dot com! Here's the question: "A MAN IN FORT WORTH TEXAS ONCE HAD A STRANGE WAY OF MAKING A LIVING, SOMETIMES OVER A THOUSAND DOLLARS AN HOUR; WHAT DID HE DO?" You may answer by lending your voice to our show at 616-527-WION, e-mail to morning@i1430.com or, by posting here!

Regular readers and listeners: Your assignment is to "share" WION's forum with someone "new" to WION today, or TELL someone about the great programming on WION and "convert" them! Then tell us all about it! Don't forget to remind them to get our app, and that they can also listen ONLINE! by visiting www.i1430.com or Google Play/I-tunes and searching for "WION"

We hope you have a GREAT Wednesday. We're halfway to the weekend!

HERE'S OUR CLUE: POSTED HERE FIRST!!

"The Music Group, "R.E.M."
There! You've got a clue! (said the smiling morning show host.)

Good Morning WION Early Risers! Let's clear the "fog" from your brains with a new wake up call question:" IN COLONIAL TIMES, OUT OF NECESSITY, PEOPLE RECYCLED SOMETHING THAT TODAY IS VERY COMMON AND WOULD NEVER BE RECYCLED. WHAT WAS IT?" Answer correctly and win a burger of the week from the Lamplight Grill and two meal tickets for the pig roast at the WION 10th anniversary party, September 13th at the Ionia Moose!

Good Morning WION Friends and "Early Risers!" Today Penny Beeman joins me in the studio, making it a "PB & J Show!" We'll re-cap all the GREAT fun from Saturday's fundraising for IM kids and I-1430's 10th anniversary celebration, we'll also work on our wake up call, too: IN AUTUMN OF 1965, A RECORD WAS SET FOR THE "WEIGHT" OF SOMETHING AT ALMOST 8 POUNDS. WHAT WAS THE ITEM WITH THE RECORD WEIGHT?" Lend your voice! 616-527-9466, or e-mail morning@i1430.com! You could win a Burger of the week from the Lamplight Grill in Ionia! (long distance listeners win a $10 amazon gift certificate.) Join in the fun!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)