Weigel Broadcasting launching Start TV Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Be aware that the V7 had sound sync problems with certain c band channels on 97w (Buzzr for sure but I think there were others). Mine kicked after a short time so I can't confirm this is still the case. I replaced it with a V8 that does not have this issue however the V8 recently stopped controlling my Stab HH100. Also, both boxes sometimes do not lock a channel and you must switch to another and come back to the one you want to view. Not a big deal when just watching but may cause problems with tuning for recording. I record with a stand alone dvd recorder so others will have to comment on their experiences.

I only plan on using it for the 101w channels that won't lock right now.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Be aware that the V7 had sound sync problems with certain c band channels on 97w (Buzzr for sure but I think there were others). Mine kicked after a short time so I can't confirm this is still the case. I replaced it with a V8 that does not have this issue however the V8 recently stopped controlling my Stab HH100. Also, both boxes sometimes do not lock a channel and you must switch to another and come back to the one you want to view. Not a big deal when just watching but may cause problems with tuning for recording. I record with a stand alone dvd recorder so others will have to comment on their experiences.

I don't know if you were aware that the V7 had a heat problem. They blocked the vent holes in the case with a really fine mesh screen that held the heat it. I popped mine apart and removed the screen and they worked fine, but they did have a problem with the audio studdering on three channels in the Laff MUX. They were so cheap, I didn't even bother doing a firmware update, just retired it to the back room.

The V8 has a problem with the Grit channel on SES-1 that takes it a moment for it to kick in. Usually the audio comes on first, then the video. Not a big deal. I also found another minor issue. If the receiver lost connection to the dish, the channel would come on, and go off repeatedly until you powered the receiver down and back on. It stopped doing that for some odd reason. All in all, it's a very reliable receiver, but it doesn't have the HD video quality of the Amiko 265, but it doesn't studder either.

It's a shame. I really like the Amiko. Hopefully, they will come up with a work around for the studdering issue. :)

I don't know if you were aware that the V7 had a heat problem. They blocked the vent holes in the case with a really fine mesh screen that held the heat it. I popped mine apart and removed the screen and they worked fine, but they did have a problem with the audio studdering on three channels in the Laff MUX.

The V8 has a problem with the Grit channel on SES-1 that takes it a moment for it to kick in. Usually the audio comes on first, then the video. Not a big deal. I also found another minor issue. If the receiver lost connection to the dish, the channel would come on, and go off repeatedly until you powered the receiver down and back on. It stopped doing that for some odd reason. All in all, it's a very reliable receiver, but it doesn't have the HD video quality of the Amiko 265, but it doesn't studder either.

It's a shame. I really like the Amiko. Hopefully, they will come up with a work around for the studdering issue. :)

I haven't seen that they are very forthcoming with firmware upgrades on the Amiko H265. It definitely needs dvr file marking, so you can mark a place, or jump to a marked place during watching (like the MicroHD does). It also needs the ability for us to choose our own NTP time server. I don't think they'll be able to fix the studdering that's intermittent on those channels acting up on 101w, since both this and the MicroHD use Ali processors, and it seems all Ali processor receivers have the studdering problem on the 101w channels that are acting up.

I do however believe they could easily get the filemarking ability put in, and a few more choices for choosing an NTP server. Then it would be just about perfect for me. Advanced DVR ability is "must-have" for me, and guess I've been spoiled with the MicroHD, even with it's few quirks.

Reactions: wvman and Titanium
I don't know if you were aware that the V7 had a heat problem. They blocked the vent holes in the case with a really fine mesh screen that held the heat it. I popped mine apart and removed the screen and they worked fine, but they did have a problem with the audio studdering on three channels in the Laff MUX.

Seems most of the Chinese receivers have heat or other issues. I have tried several of the X2 models over the years. The first, an X2 Premium (from 2013) actually ran well and held up until lightning took it out. After that I tried an X2 Premium Mini which, almost as soon as turned on, overheated and constantly reset itself (basically DOA). Figured it was a fluke and ordered an X2 M1HD+ which also had heat issues. At the time I made it work by modding it to add a cooling fan. Moved on to the V7 which also ran fairly warm and I'm sure that aided it's demise. Then to the V8, which did not have heat issues - amazing :rolleyes: - and worked fairly well until it stopped controlling my Stab HH100. So now I've dug out my trusty Amiko Mini HD SE which has always worked fine with the exception of the 101W tuning problem. Hopefully that issue will go away as I don't want to invest in any more cheap Chinese receivers to get them. :D

I haven't seen that they are very forthcoming with firmware upgrades on the Amiko H265. It definitely needs dvr file marking, so you can mark a place, or jump to a marked place during watching (like the MicroHD does). It also needs the ability for us to choose our own NTP time server. I don't think they'll be able to fix the studdering that's intermittent on those channels acting up on 101w, since both this and the MicroHD use Ali processors, and it seems all Ali processor receivers have the studdering problem on the 101w channels that are acting up.

I do however believe they could easily get the filemarking ability put in, and a few more choices for choosing an NTP server. Then it would be just about perfect for me. Advanced DVR ability is "must-have" for me, and guess I've been spoiled with the MicroHD, even with it's few quirks.

Actually, I've seen the studdering problem with my Amiko on different satellites, like the Luken channels on SES-2. It seems more pronounced on older shows like The Lone Ranger and Roy Rogers, and really bad on some of the really old shows on the same satellite. If I didn't have any other receiver to turn to, I'd watch the Amiko. When I first discovered the studdering problem, I didn't realize it was a processor problem.

I thought I might have a defective receiver because the IR on this receiver is very weak and the remote IR doesn't work. In order to change channels or go into the menu, the remote has to be aimed dead at the receiver. It's a shame these receivers are having issues because it really created a super HD picture. :)

Seems most of the Chinese receivers have heat or other issues. I have tried several of the X2 models over the years. The first, an X2 Premium (from 2013) actually ran well and held up until lightning took it out. After that I tried an X2 Premium Mini which, almost as soon as turned on, overheated and constantly reset itself (basically DOA). Figured it was a fluke and ordered an X2 M1HD+ which also had heat issues. At the time I made it work by modding it to add a cooling fan. Moved on to the V7 which also ran fairly warm and I'm sure that aided it's demise. Then to the V8, which did not have heat issues - amazing :rolleyes: - and worked fairly well until it stopped controlling my Stab HH100. So now I've dug out my trusty Amiko Mini HD SE which has always worked fine with the exception of the 101W tuning problem. Hopefully that issue will go away as I don't want to invest in any more cheap Chinese receivers to get them. :D

Do all of them have a problem with the Stab HH100? I never had a V7 that crapped out over a heat problem, but I removed the fine mesh screen so it could breathe. I have an open entertainment center with a ceiling fan overhead that runs 24/7, and that probably contributed to it's longevity. When I tried my Linkbox 9000i last evening, it tuned all the channels on SES-1, including Start TV. When it was finished, I watched it for 10 minutes or so, and I didn't see it studdering at all.

I think someone said their 9000i didn't even have a picture on Decades, Start and the others. That wasn't the case with mine. It seemed to work flawlessly during the time I had it hooked up. I'm getting quite a collection of receivers. I have 13 different receivers in all. I liked the HDVR1200, but I never could get it working properly with an 1x8 switch. I really liked the manual channel add feature. The 3500 didn't have it. You could literally create a channel by entering the frequency, pol, symbol rate and PID info and create the channel before scanning the satellite.

It was handy as hell when looking for a new satellite. :)

Do all of them have a problem with the Stab HH100?
I know the very first X2 worked fine. As far as I recall other X2 (once I added the fan) and the V7 moved it ok as did the V8 until it just decided not to anymore. :rolleyes: V8 still tunes fine though and controls VBox7, just won't do USALS. o_O

I never had a V7 that crapped out over a heat problem, but I removed the fine mesh screen so it could breathe. I have an open entertainment center with a ceiling fan overhead that runs 24/7, and that probably contributed to it's longevity. When I tried my Linkbox 9000i last evening, it tuned all the channels on SES-1, including Start TV. When it was finished, I watched it for 10 minutes or so, and I didn't see it studdering at all.

I think someone said their 9000i didn't even have a picture on Decades, Start and the others. That wasn't the case with mine. It seemed to work flawlessly during the time I had it hooked up. I'm getting quite a collection of receivers. I have 13 different receivers in all. I liked the HDVR1200, but I never could get it working properly with an 1x8 switch. I really liked the manual channel add feature. The 3500 didn't have it. You could literally create a channel by entering the frequency, pol, symbol rate and PID info and create the channel before scanning the satellite.

It was handy as hell when looking for a new satellite. :)
I have the sat receiver and Vbox7 in the open on top of our entertainment center. We have a/c on in the summer and keep the heat below 70 degrees in the winter. V8 never felt that warm but the V7 was always pretty warm. Maybe I just got a dud! :flameI have a few other receivers here as well that I use in other rooms or at the dish. One is a cheap no-name China box off ebay, others are Amiko A3, Digiwave HD9008i and Dynosat HD7500.
I haven't checked 101W yet tonight as it was time for Wheel (wife) & Jeopardy (which I like) then Frasier. :D

The video stutter issue on Luken is often due to the resolution setting on the set top box output or TV. Try different manual resolution combinations between the set top box and your TV and the stuttering will likely go away. Also could be a HDMI cable. Try swapping.

The video stutter issue on Luken is often due to the resolution setting on the set top box output or TV. Try different manual resolution combinations between the set top box and your TV and the stuttering will likely go away. Also could be a HDMI cable. Try swapping.

I'll give it a try and see what happens. All the HDMI cables I use are gold plated, high speed cables, but there's always the possibility that one of them could be defective. I just thought of something else. I have several devices ran through a Go Video HDMI switch and then to the TV. That way I can switch from my security system, STB, Blue Ray player and other devices. That could be part of the problem as well.

I may have to hook the STB to one of the spare HDMI ports on the TV. Thanks for the suggestion.

I know the very first X2 worked fine. As far as I recall other X2 (once I added the fan) and the V7 moved it ok as did the V8 until it just decided not to anymore. :rolleyes: V8 still tunes fine though and controls VBox7, just won't do USALS. o_O

I have the sat receiver and Vbox7 in the open on top of our entertainment center. We have a/c on in the summer and keep the heat below 70 degrees in the winter. V8 never felt that warm but the V7 was always pretty warm. Maybe I just got a dud! :flameI have a few other receivers here as well that I use in other rooms or at the dish. One is a cheap no-name China box off ebay, others are Amiko A3, Digiwave HD9008i and Dynosat HD7500.
I haven't checked 101W yet tonight as it was time for Wheel (wife) & Jeopardy (which I like) then Frasier. :D

I was right in the middle of replying to your post, when out internet crapped out. Never had service again until early this morning. :mad I have wireless internet. Just waiting to get DSL or something better, then I'm going to suggest where they stick their equipment. 7 years of their crappy internet service.

I was right in the middle of replying to your post, when out internet crapped out. Never had service again until early this morning. :mad I have wireless internet. Just waiting to get DSL or something better, then I'm going to suggest where they stick their equipment. 7 years of their crappy internet service.
Sorry to hear that. I know what you mean. We have lived here (rural) for about 11 years with phone/dsl service (if you can call it that :rolleyes:) from Verizon. When we changed service from our old address to the new one, the day we moved in the phone didn't work. It took them two or three days to figure out what was wrong. When it rains we get noise in the phone and sometimes lose it altogether. One day the wife tried to call her mother and there was someone else on the line, like the old party line days. We found out it was a neighbor about a mile away. Water had gotten into the distribution box. We both called to complain but they told each of us that ours was the only complaint they had received. DSL is slow and will stall through the day and we must wait for it to come back up - and forget about using it at all during heavy rain or storms. We have contacted them many times and basically they said the old copper lines are worn out and they have no plans to replace them or install fiber so live with it! One rep actually tried to justify it by saying we should be glad it only goes out as much as it does - we have some customers who lose it for days at a time - without a doubt the worst customer service we have every dealt with. :mad:

Last edited:
Reactions: wvman
Sorry to hear that. I know what you mean. We have lived here for about 11 years with phone/dsl service (if you can call it that :rolleyes:) from Verizon. When we changed service from our old address to the new one, the day we moved in the phone didn't work. It took them two or three days to figure out what was wrong. When it rains we get noise in the phone and sometimes lose it altogether. One day the wife tried to call her mother and there was someone else on the line, like the old party line days. We found out it was a neighbor about a mile away. Water had gotten into the distribution box. We both called to complain but they told each of us that ours was the only complaint they had received. DSL is slow and will stall through the day and we must wait for it to come back up - and forget about using it at all during heavy rain or storms. We have contacted them many times and basically they said the old copper lines are worn out and they have no plans to replace them or install fiber so live with it! One rep actually tried to justify it by saying we should be glad it only goes out as much as it does - we have some customers who lose it for days at a time - without a doubt the worst customer service we have every dealt with. :mad:

Man, that could have been our story when we had Verizon. Now, the DSL here is Frontier. They are at least trying to get fiber in as many places as possible as fast as they can. Turns out, the politicians had some screwball legislation in place that was holding up the process. When the new governor took office, he fielded a lot of complaints, checked into it, found the problem and fixed it.

Now, we have fiber within 2 miles of our home and we'll soon have internet from Frontier. I can't wait. I'd like to see them run fiber all the way to the house, but that probably won't happen, but with fiber 2 miles away, we should be able to get at least 25mbps at the house, and that a hell of a lot better than 0.20mbps most of the time.

Sorry to hijack the thread but...:)

Start just showed up in my channel list on YouTubeTV. Seems like a good channel for my wife.

My wife loves it. She watches the Finisher on it everyday at 5PM. They have a website where you can look at their schedule. :)

Man, that could have been our story when we had Verizon. Now, the DSL here is Frontier. They are at least trying to get fiber in as many places as possible as fast as they can. Turns out, the politicians had some screwball legislation in place that was holding up the process. When the new governor took office, he fielded a lot of complaints, checked into it, found the problem and fixed it.

Now, we have fiber within 2 miles of our home and we'll soon have internet from Frontier. I can't wait. I'd like to see them run fiber all the way to the house, but that probably won't happen, but with fiber 2 miles away, we should be able to get at least 25mbps at the house, and that a hell of a lot better than 0.20mbps most of the time.
Sounds great! Hope it works out! :thumbup:)

Reactions: wvman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)