Weird dealings with returning equip

Status
Please reply by conversation.

qcjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2012
Ohio
The wife and I just moved in with her grandmother. We canceled her dtv account and moved mine. When I called to cancel the guy told us to recycle all the equipment and they will send us a envelope to mail the cards back. I thought this was off so I left them alone till I got something in the mail. What I got in the mail was two boxs. There was serial numbers for her three hd boxs but nothing nor room in a box for her genie. This is really weird. Has any one else had these issues and should I call them back and ask whats up? It seems the head has no idea what the hand is doing.

You should absolutely call back! Make sure whatever they tell you, have them send it in an email for proof.

Whats funny is today we got a mailer to put the access cards in. Holy sh*t they have no idea what they are doing. Im calling them.

Ok so its not a genie. I assumed that it was a HR34. Her son set her service up not me. I thought it was common sense to do whole house dvr but ya know. They want the card back from the dvr and the other boxs mailed back.

If its older receiver models they dont want them back

what exactly do you have there for model numbers (on the cancelled account)?

If its older receiver models they dont want them back

what exactly do you have there for model numbers (on the cancelled account)?
The ones she had are boxed up but I think they were H 24s? They were reg hd boxs. The one they didnt want is HR 24 dvr

The one they didnt want is HR 24 dvr

I just had a friend of mine who has 2 HR24's, 2 HR22's & 1 R22...except for 1 of the HR24's, EVERY other unit has been replaced over the past year or two. The last unit was the HR24, & D* told them they did NOT want it back & to dispose of it...all the while ALL the other (non-HR24) units they DID want returned to them - TOTALLY blows my mind they did this! :eek:

If it's an HR24-100 model then it is on the non-recoverable receivers list. Unless it has changed very recently -200 and -500 variations of the HR24 are still recovered.
Also, I think if you are voluntarily deactivating a HR24-100 they might still want it back but if a replacement is being issued for it they shouldn't want it back.
Lastly, if you have a truck roll then the technician is supposed to take all receivers including those that would be considered non recoverable via the drop ship method.

If it's an HR24-100 model then it is on the non-recoverable receivers list. Unless it has changed very recently -200 and -500 variations of the HR24 are still recovered.
Also, I think if you are voluntarily deactivating a HR24-100 they might still want it back but if a replacement is being issued for it they shouldn't want it back.
Lastly, if you have a truck roll then the technician is supposed to take all receivers including those that would be considered non recoverable via the drop ship method.
Second this.

I just had a friend of mine who has 2 HR24's, 2 HR22's & 1 R22...except for 1 of the HR24's, EVERY other unit has been replaced over the past year or two. The last unit was the HR24, & D* told them they did NOT want it back & to dispose of it...all the while ALL the other (non-HR24) units they DID want returned to them - TOTALLY blows my mind they did this! :eek:

The R22 and HR22 are wanted because it is currently the standard definition DVR being refurbished instead of the R16.

The R22 and HR22 are wanted because it is currently the standard definition DVR being refurbished instead of the R16.

Even though the R22's were originally offered to SD only subs, both models are actually HD DVR's.
And ANY of the HR2x units can (& are) used by SD-only subs...so what you are saying makes no sense... :confused:

Even though the R22's were originally offered to SD only subs, both models are actually HD DVR's.
And ANY of the HR2x units can (& are) used by SD-only subs...so what you are saying makes no sense... :confused:

Yes, the R22 is an HR22 but without HD. The R16 is on the scrap list. The R22 is the current SD DVR. If you order an SD DVR or need one replaced that is what you will get (unless R16s are still in inventory).

Any HR2x can NOT be activated for SD only or I wouldn't have to carry HD DVRs and SD DVRs or drive an hour to get a SD DVR when my warehouse isn't shipped enough.

How does that not make sense?

R22's were originally SD output only receivers until a software unlocked it for HD, but only if you have HD service with other HD receivers or itself I think.

They're not installing R16 SD DVR's anymore for older subs unless R22's aren't carried

R22's were just HR22's with different software, I believe they now just use the HR22 software so they are the same.

Only hr24-200, hr24-500, hr34, and all hr44's are being recovered. All other DVR's are not being recovered and customer can do what the wish with.

Hr24-100 on non recoverable list due to higher failure rate.

Any HR2x can NOT be activated for SD only or I wouldn't have to carry HD DVRs and SD DVRs or drive an hour to get a SD DVR when my warehouse isn't shipped enough.

How does that not make sense?

Because I have seen & know SD-only subs that DO have HR2x's (all varieties) in use as we speak; since we have been in an MPEG-4 locals market for quite some time, when they chose to NOT pay for HD, they simply shut-off the HD channels & lock the boxes down to 480p - they do NOT require the customer to swap their HR2x units for R22's.

Hr24-100 on non recoverable list due to higher failure rate.

Hmm, interesting...thank you for the info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts