Weird hdmi occurrence

rvanya

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
Hello all,

I have a 622 in my living room and a 211 in the bedroom. I had an hdmi issue with my 622 about a month ago. Well documented, it just went out for no reason, then returned about a week later. I left component cables hooked up as well as the hdmi in case of future problems.

2 days ago, I noticed there was no picture, only sound from the 211 in the bedroom. I got behind the 622 and pulled the component cables. For some reason, there was no picture via hdmi after I pulled the component cables. I checked the connections of the hdmi cable, checked all inputs and other connections and they were fine.

Well, I blew it off and plugged the cables into the 211 and it worked fine so I'm having an hdmi out issue with the 211. I returned to plug the component cables back into the 622. When I plugged in the component cables, I got picture from component input and hdmi input. It's as if the component cables need to be hooked up to get a picture via hdmi. I know this isn't the case but what a weird deal.

Any thoughts on this?

I have the 622 and a denon 2910 running to a yamaha 2600 via hdmi. Hdmi out to tv. 622 also running via component to receiver, then component out to tv. To clarify, with component cables unplugged, the 622 had no picture on either tv input that are normally present. Switched back and forth on tv inputs and no picture. Hooked the component cables back up, and both inputs had picture.

Sorry so long

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)