Weird issue with Slimline dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hugot

Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Nevada
I had posted before about having problems with quality issues at night with my local HD channels at night.
Well, I've been mucking with this thing and it's driving me crazy.
I'm in the 89406 zip so my local HD's are on the 99s/b sat on transponder 24.
I have a 3 LNB Slimline dish and a H21-200 HD receiver in the bedroom and a HR22-100 HD/DVR in the livingroom.
The problem I'm having now is that when the HD/DVR is on a local HD channel and the other one is on a local non-HD (channels 21 and 27 do not broadcast on HD), it messes up the receiver tunned to the local HD channel. It causes stippling and a searching for satellite error. The local HD channels are on 99s/b transponder 24 and the non-HD locals are on 119 transponder 29.
If I change the channel to a local hd or some non-local channel, then the problem goes away. If I disconnect the cable from the back of the box the problem goes away.
I can reverse the situation and the same occurrs, always messing up the local HD channel and not the other way around.
I mixed and matched the connections to the LNB and nothing changes.
Should I upgrade to a newer 5LNB dish or just live with it and be aware of what not to mix (as you know even if the box is turned off, it is still on as far as the tunner is concerned).
It's driving me nuts!

The 3 LNB Slimlines do not receive 119 (only 99/101/103). Are you sure that is the dish you have?

Are the receivers connected directly to the dish (no splitters or external multiswitches)?

How long are the cables between the receivers and the dish? Are they all RG6 with a solid copper center conductor?

It sounds like there may be an issue with voltage drop and the multiswitch built into the dish.

Well, it says Slimline on it and it has 3 LNB's (4 connections, one I installed a terminator now since it didn't have one but no change to problem). I don't know what the part # is but it is the larger dish with tilt adjustent as well as azimuth and elevation with the nice threaded adjusters to make it easier to fine tune.

I'm using the SUP-2400 B band converters if that makes a difference (I don't get HD without them).

No splitters or external switches, connected directly to the dish.
Yes, I'm using solid core RG6.

Distance wise, not too far, about 40' of cable at the most.

I think you have a SL5 dish not a SL3. What does your receiver setup show. The SL3 only has 1 large white eye on the dish.

The receivers are set up for the 5LNB MultiSAT. The dish itself Says Slimline and it has one large "eye" with a brow in the center, a smaller one next to it and then a larger one at the end and to the other side of the "eye" is an empty spot where I guess another one could go (there is an opening there).

That's a KAKU 5 LNB there. I'd suggest calling a tech out to resolve the issue instead of "just living with it" because you are paying for a service and should only expect it to operate the same way as a friend or neighbor with the same service.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)