Weird power off behavior

drwatson618

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
I’m using the 54 remote. I can power on my LG TV, Hopper 3, and Onkyo AVR just by pressing the Sat button. When I try to power down, I hit the power button and the TV and AVR turn off. But since the Hopper 3 doesn’t power down immediately, my AVR kicks right back on.

Other than disabling HDMI-CEC, is there any way to solve this?

I’m probably one of the few people that prefers the manufacturer remotes over my harmony universal remote. Mostly because of the voice commands. But it can’t be good for the AVR to have the extra power cycle every time I attempt to turn things off.

Can't speak for the Hopper but on the Wally I went back to a model 40 remote with seperate power buttons, one for the TV and one for the Wally. I turn the Wally off first then the TV, no problem. Frankly these new remotes were designed by, well, someone not very proficient. They made the voice easier and everything else more difficult, especially the buttons on the side where you grab it to hold it. Oops, I didn't mean to press that button. :confused:

Can't speak for the Hopper but on the Wally I went back to a model 40 remote with seperate power buttons, one for the TV and one for the Wally. I turn the Wally off first then the TV, no problem. Frankly these new remotes were designed by, well, someone not very proficient. They made the voice easier and everything else more difficult, especially the buttons on the side where you grab it to hold it. Oops, I didn't mean to press that button. :confused:
Yeah, putting those buttons on the side was really dumb, as was moving Cancel to the other side and renaming it Back. People coming from other remotes really struggle with that one at first

I actually like the remote. I like that there is one power button as well. It works fine in the other locations. It just keeps kicking my AVR back on in one location.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts