Weird Problem Power Inserter/LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bondoo0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2006
I had D* installed a little over 3 months ago, and things have been working well until the last few days. I have a SWM-3, HR-34, HR24, and H25. For the past couple days, I've been getting a 775 error on the HR-34, which I've resolved by unplugging the power inserter for about a minute, then plugging it bac int. This has happened 3-4 times, usually during the night/early morning. I'm not sure if this indicates a problem with the LNB, or with the power inserter (I'm thinking LNB because the power inserter either sends power or it doesn't, right)?

My setup is single wire from the LNB, then the power inserter (on input of splitter), to 4 way SWM splitter, then direct runs to each receiver (no barrel connectors. I think I've seen that it's now recommended to put the power inserter after the splitter, on the unused port of the splitter, but I'm not sure if that would help in this case or not.

Any suggestions, or things to try?

I had D* installed a little over 3 months ago, and things have been working well until the last few days. I have a SWM-3, HR-34, HR24, and H25. For the past couple days, I've been getting a 775 error on the HR-34, which I've resolved by unplugging the power inserter for about a minute, then plugging it bac int. This has happened 3-4 times, usually during the night/early morning. I'm not sure if this indicates a problem with the LNB, or with the power inserter (I'm thinking LNB because the power inserter either sends power or it doesn't, right)?

My setup is single wire from the LNB, then the power inserter (on input of splitter), to 4 way SWM splitter, then direct runs to each receiver (no barrel connectors. I think I've seen that it's now recommended to put the power inserter after the splitter, on the unused port of the splitter, but I'm not sure if that would help in this case or not.

Any suggestions, or things to try?

You could try putting the power inserter after the 4 way splitter attaching it to the output of the splitter that is "DC Power Pass(it would also be red)" & then put a terminator on the part of the power inserter that says "signal to ird." Then you can use the other three ports for each receiver you have.

I read that is the recommended method of installing the pi, after a splitter. Supposedly it works better with the DECA setups.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)