Weird Rain Problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bowlcsp

Original poster
Aug 14, 2005
I have a weird problem when it rains. The signal goes from 85 to 0. It does not return for hours after the rain stops. I have replaced the Dish with the 3 lnb, replaced all lines and connections and tried a new multi switch. Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing the problem?

bowlcsp said:
I have a weird problem when it rains. The signal goes from 85 to 0. It does not return for hours after the rain stops. I have replaced the Dish with the 3 lnb, replaced all lines and connections and tried a new multi switch. Does anyone have an idea of what could be causing the problem?

I think you has part of the cable is wet or water can get in while rain, this may cost you signal loss for too long a time.

Your symptoms suggest water is getting into the cables/fittings at some point. Check at the ground block for corrosion on the cable, you could also have a puncture in the outer jacket of the cable that allows a small amount of water to enter the cable causing a short. When the water evaporates the short is removed and the system starts working again.

Status
Please reply by conversation.