Weird Thing Happened with Hopper/Joey

cobraman

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 16, 2004
When my system was installed the installer said the hopper needed to be as close as possible to my router which is in the basement so I let him it there and the Joeys in the Living Room and Bed Room. The I discovered when trying to use PIP and some other features, they are only available on the Hopper. I decided to move the Hopper upstairs so I ran a network cable to the Living room so there would be no issue with wireless fade and traded the Hopper and Joey's positions. The Hopper would not get a signal from the satellite using the cable that the Joey was connected into so I put them back where they were. Is there some reason this would happen?

Yes. The triply bandstacked cable going to and from the Hopper is not the same as the MOCA (only) cable going to the Joey. You need to switch the Hopper and Joey, and also the ports on the solo node. If you have crappy cable going to the Joey, this might not even work without a new 3GHz cable.

The cable going to the Hopper MUST be RG6 or you are going to have all kinds of problems.

However going from the Node to the Joeys it can be RG-59.

The cable going to the Hopper MUST be RG6 or you are going to have all kinds of problems.

However going from the Node to the Joeys it can be RG-59.

Has there been any evidence that there are any problems using RG6 for the Hopper connection that is only rated at 2.25 GHz on the cable?

I ask this since the SAT 3 Band on Hopper connection is in the 2.5 to 3.0 GHz range.

Thanks.

Basically if the RG6 isn't swept for 3GHz if it's relatively new probably will be just fine. If there are issues (mostly with tuner 3 going out/not working) then the cable would be the first suspect (unless it's the connectors.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts