Weirdest damn thing...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Purogamer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 19, 2005
Mentor, Ohio
So i'm watching tv and the box (510) starts freezing. Every 10 seconds or so it advances a few frames. I can change the channel (they all do it), check switch, menu, etc...I even started watching a PVR event and it was fine, just live tv was screwed so I turned it off. Hard drive was making a noticable clatter for whatever reason...

So since I can't watch tv, I decide to fire up the (modded) xbox. well, that hard drive ALSO starts making a noticable clatter and is sputtering to load. I turned it off, let it sit for a minute, and then turned it back on. Clattered a bit but then stopped and it's now sitting here, on, and seemingly fine. I haven't tried to turn the 510 back on yet.

So my question is what could have caused multiple hard drives to suddenly act all goofy, or is this really just some sort of very strange coincidence? Computer is fine but it's been on this whole time. It's not plugged into the same outlet as the 510/xbox...

My tv has started acting strange in recent weeks as well. When I turn it on, the top like 4 inches of the screen are like upside down, inverted and backwards. Not kidding. As it warms up it crawls towards the top of the screen until it's completely fine. It didn't do this more and more as time went on, it just started doing it one day and the tv is only about 5 years old.

Is someone sending out some weird ass signals through the air (What kind?) or am I just completely paranoid here?

No, the whole Brittany Spears Kevin Federline thing, that was weird.:devil:

Seriously, have your lights been browning out? It sounds to me like an electrical problem. I had a simular problem and the power company put a monitor on my house. Eventually they found that the neutral connection on the pole had never been crimped. :rolleyes:

Check your line voltage for that circuit. Believe it or not a breaker could be going bad. Try resetting the breaker.

[/I]My tv has started acting strange in recent weeks as well. When I turn it on, the top like 4 inches of the screen are like upside down, inverted and backwards. Not kidding. As it warms up it crawls towards the top of the screen until it's completely fine. possibly low voltage in rectifier

Last edited:
I have to agree, with all that weird stuff happening at presumably the same AC outlet, something is going on with your power. Maybe you have a surge suppressor or battery unit that's on the fritz?

Thanks for the advice, seems you guys are on the same page so tomorrow (first day of vacation) i'll reset the breaker and maybe head to bestbuy to buy a new surge protector. We've had about half a dozen power outages this year from people driving into the poles on the street so i wonder if it is that surge protector. Thanks guys, i'll report back if I fix it or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)