Welcome, HD DVD! First Look at Toshiba HD-A1 Player

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Ilya said:
Currently I am using optical digital audio in Bitsream mode. This works fine for 5.1 DD and DTS. Once I get HD DVD discs I am going to try 5.1 analog and built-in decoders.

It just occured to me that I'll have to unplug my SACD player from my receiver. Not that I use it much. Let us know when you get home with your HD disks and play around with, what you discover!

go to wal-mart and purchase the component switcher by Pelican it cost about $14.00 and just plug all five analog wires from DVD player and Five wires from HD DVD player into it and run another set to reciver .....this will allow you to keep sacd and have the new sound formats ..you just have to m anually switch it!This is what I plan on doing!

Last edited:
quickfire said:
go to wal-mart and purchase the component switcher buy Pelican it cost about $14.00 and just plug all five analog wires from DVD player and Five wires from HD DVD player into it and run another set to reciver .....this will allow you to keep sacd and have the new sound formats ..you just have to m anually switch it!This is what I plan on doing!

Thanks.....I'll do that!!

Jamey?Any luck getting the Pelican component switcher?I had to end up buying mine from buy.com...my local Wal-Mart didnt have any!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)