Welcome new tuner in Albuquerque/Santa Fe DMA!

Radio, you are missing few stations on RF ch. 8 ATSC 3.0, 10 KCHF "Near Los Alamo", 15 KTEL-CD, 18 KRTN-LD, 20 KYNM-CA, 21 KNMQ-LD and 30 KWPL-LD "From west side near old Coors rd I-40"

The rest of low power stations are from the Sandia Crest Mountain antenna farm.

Congratulations on hooking your reciever to the internet world!:):hatsoff

Radio, you are missing few stations on RF ch. 8 ATSC 3.0, 10 KCHF "Near Los Alamo", 15 KTEL-CD, 18 KRTN-LD, 20 KYNM-CA, 21 KNMQ-LD and 30 KWPL-LD "From west side near old Coors rd I-40"

The rest of low power stations are from the Sandia Crest Mountain antenna farm.

Congratulations on hooking your reciever to the internet world!:):hatsoff
OK,

I have my external antenna on-line now so you should see some improvement...8 is lit, my antenna has LOS to Sandia so 10 is on the hairy edge of locking. 15 is also very close to lock but not 18. 20 and 21 scan like gangbusters but are not displaying so we'll see if Trip can get the code guy to fix...same with 26 and KOB.

Huh? Where that RF CH. 33 coming from since your tuner showing 100 %, false reading?

Not listed in the FCC's database.

I know there is one CP listed left I think it's for RF ch. 34 and have yet to go on the air.

Interesting readings on RF channels signals!:hatsoff

Reactions: raydio
Huh? Where that RF CH. 33 coming from since your tuner showing 100 %, false reading?

Probably just noise; there's no SQ %-

797B6B60-8C87-43DB-8901-A5E9DD80BB6A.png

Reactions: TheKrell and N5XZS
See RF39, 40 and 41 at 100%?

That's clear LTE/5G signals. He needs to put one of the new Channel Master LTE/5G filters between the antenna and the tuner. Per my spectrum analyzer, that one kills LTE/5G completely DEAD, NADA, gone!

See RF39, 40 and 41 at 100%?

That's clear LTE/5G signals. He needs to put one of the new Channel Master LTE/5G filters between the antenna and the tuner. Per my spectrum analyzer, that one kills LTE/5G completely DEAD, NADA, gone!

Where would it go if someone (like me) were using a preamp?

Where would it go if someone (like me) were using a preamp?
Between the antenna and the preamp input. That way it knocks the LTE/5G down before it gets amped.

IF the preamp is built right into the antenna dipole, you can put it after that, and it'll still work, because it passes voltage through to whatever is upstream.

Between the antenna and the preamp input. That way it knocks the LTE/5G down before it gets amped.

IF the preamp is built right into the antenna dipole, you can put it after that, and it'll still work, because it passes voltage through to whatever is upstream.

So it's antenna-->filter-->preamp?

Reactions: TheKrell and N5XZS
So it's antenna-->filter-->preamp?
Correct, that's the absolute best way, if you are using an outboard preamp. IF your present preamp has no LTE/5G filter, the Channel Master one may help get stronger and/or additional signals.

p.s. Even IF your preamp has an LTE/5G filter, IF your LTE/5G signals are strong enough, they can still cause issues and the Channel Master filter would still help kill them DEAD. Preamps typically notch out the signal about 20dB, which may not be enough. I have to use one on mine, and my preamp has such a filter already.

Last edited: